Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > "You're more likely to be killed by XXX than YYY" rant
Previous :: Next Topic  
Pyrites

Pyrites

PostThu Aug 20, 2020 4:20 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Slugman wrote:
The forum is run by an actuary.

Yes.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman

It’s a Slugfest!
PostFri Aug 21, 2020 12:43 pm 
You are not very likely to be eaten by a bear just outside a grocery store.....

Brown bear steals bag of chips

--------------
“The jerking motion of a knee does not reflect the operation of a mind”  Slugman, January 24th 2020
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
JonnyQuest

JonnyQuest

PostFri Aug 21, 2020 3:19 pm 
You could be killed by a tiger.  My recommendation?
NEVER get out of the boat!
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito

Snarky Member
PostFri Aug 21, 2020 10:14 pm 
http://www.bandolier.org.uk/booth/Risk/sports.html
https://www.tetongravity.com/story/news/your-chances-of-dying-ranked-by-sport-and-activity
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Pyrites

Pyrites

PostSat Aug 22, 2020 12:07 am 
You could be seriously frightened by a beaver slap.

https://www.riverotterfisheriesassociation.org/copy-of-environment-agency-hotline
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon

PostSat Aug 22, 2020 12:59 am 
bear attacks can occur at any time!!

--------------
YOU NEVER KNOW!!
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe

PostSat Aug 22, 2020 2:07 pm 
Pyrites wrote:
You could be seriously frightened by a beaver slap.

That reminds me.  They haven't gotten me so far, but some day I might die of a heart attack when a grouse takes flight practically right under my nose.  Scares the crap out of me every time.
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman

It’s a Slugfest!
PostSat Aug 22, 2020 9:04 pm 
A beaver slap once scared me pretty good. I was canoeing at night in the Arboretum and one came right up behind me and let loose. Those things are big.

--------------
“The jerking motion of a knee does not reflect the operation of a mind”  Slugman, January 24th 2020
Kim Brown

Kim Brown

PostMon Aug 24, 2020 11:55 am 
Years ago, our family dog was yelping, barking, and wailing at a horrible creature under the roots of a tree. Dad crept up, saw it, and quickly ran back to get a shovel to run it off, and, if necessary, sever it. Dad crept up closer and closer, til he could see its cold, sinister eyes looking at him. His heart racing, the blood pounding in is veins almost ready to burst, dad lifted the shovel to ….

sever the eggplant, fuzzy with mold, that mom threw out the day before and one of the grandkids pulled it out of the compost, put fake plastic eyes on it, and placed it under the tree.

Eggplants can be dangerous.

--------------
" I'm really happy about this! … I have very strong good and horrible memories up there."  – oldgranola, NWH’s outdoors advocate.
Kim Brown

Kim Brown

PostMon Aug 24, 2020 11:57 am 
Slugman wrote:
A beaver slap once scared me pretty good. I was canoeing at night in the Arboretum and one came right up behind me and let loose. Those things are big.

Slug, remember the death cows you encountered?   embarassedlaugh.gif  15 years ago, and it still cracks me up.

Cow Stories in the life of Sluggo. How about the times of Mad Cow disease, and the Great Pizza Confiscation at the Border. All for the cows.

Ah, the good old days. embarassedlaugh.gif

--------------
" I'm really happy about this! … I have very strong good and horrible memories up there."  – oldgranola, NWH’s outdoors advocate.
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots

Happy Curmudgeon
PostSat Aug 29, 2020 12:54 pm 
Kim Brown wrote:
sever the eggplant, fuzzy with mold, that mom threw out the day before and one of the grandkids pulled it out of the compost, put fake plastic eyes on it, and placed it under the tree.

😆😊😁

Oh, ho, ha! That's really funny! Love those mischievous grandkids!

--------------
"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > "You're more likely to be killed by XXX than YYY" rant
  Happy Birthday Steven, Grizzy, ossyoos, lovetowonder, Lakes&Summits!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: