Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Argh, matey, be ye talkin' like a pirate today?
Previous :: Next Topic  
Slugman
Itís a Slugfest!

Slugman

Itís a Slugfest!
PostWed Sep 19, 2012 3:16 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Today be Int'l talk like a pirate day. Landlubbers who fails to say a few "arrghs" or "mateys" may be walkin' the plank later!

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

My Avast antivirus software is always in "pirate mode".  cool.gif   Time to swab the decks and make the stowaways walk the plank.  agree.gif

--------------
ďThe jerking motion of a knee does not reflect the operation of a mindĒ  Slugman, January 24th 2020
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Oarboar
Comically unhip

Oarboar

Comically unhip
PostWed Sep 19, 2012 3:25 pm 
You can also set pirate as your language on Facebook, too.  I've done that, and that's interesting.

--------------
Sadly, right now I'm a poseur.  Sigh.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Slugman
Itís a Slugfest!

Slugman

Itís a Slugfest!
PostWed Sep 19, 2012 5:08 pm 
hmmm.gif  I'm going to try that right now! Thanks.

It works, once you know how. Go to account settings, language, then choose "pirate" as your English dialect. We should have that here. Matey.  suuure.gif

--------------
ďThe jerking motion of a knee does not reflect the operation of a mindĒ  Slugman, January 24th 2020
Slugman
Itís a Slugfest!

Slugman

Itís a Slugfest!
PostWed Sep 19, 2012 5:23 pm 
That is hilarious. Some folks here are on the nwhikers facebook page, and it's now calling you "Cap'n", or "bilge rat", or even "scallywag". Somehow it seems to know which is which......  hmmm.gif

--------------
Grannyhiker

Grannyhiker

PostWed Sep 19, 2012 5:27 pm 
Try Westport the last weekend of June--Rusty Scupper Pirate Days.  It's lots of fun--my grandkids love it!

--------------
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.--E.Abbey
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
touron

touron

PostWed Sep 19, 2012 6:45 pm 
ARrrrrrr, my belly be achin'.  Time to skewer a Big Mac with my cutlass! burger.gif

--------------
Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
The Angry Hiker
SAR Blacklistee

The Angry Hiker

SAR Blacklistee
PostThu Sep 20, 2012 12:12 pm 
It sure is great to play at PNC Park here in the City of Bridges!
touron

touron

PostThu Sep 19, 2013 11:58 pm 
Arrrr!  Only one minute left to talk like a pirate!

hijacked.gif

--------------
Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Slugman
Itís a Slugfest!

Slugman

Itís a Slugfest!
PostSat Sep 19, 2020 8:23 am 
Ahoy landlubbers, it be talkiní like pirate day again. Shiver me timbers! Hoist the mizzen! And watch this here doc a mentary.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5jma78

--------------
Navy salad

Navy salad

PostSat Sep 19, 2020 12:21 pm 
Arrrghh! For a second, I thought the Angry Hiker was back!! Till I looked at the date of his post... doh.gif
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk

BrontosaurusTheorist
PostSat Sep 19, 2020 2:11 pm 
Navy salad wrote:
For a second, I thought the Angry Hiker was back!! Till I looked at the date of his post..

Yeah, me too.  In the spirit of the day, here's a tune from one of my favorite Canadians; though strictly speaking, I guess privateers aren't pirates (but could be):

--------------
"There are yahoos out there.  Itís why we canít have nice things."  - Tom Mahood
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Argh, matey, be ye talkin' like a pirate today?
Jump to:   
Search this topic: