Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > bye bye Lincoln Hardware
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Sep 26, 2020 5:52 pm 
Lincoln Hardware Closing After 91 Years I have been dealing with Jennifer and Scott and Dave for as long as they've been working there, and with their father Don before that. Their collective wealth of knowledge is incalculable. I cannot begin to count the number of things I learned from them about gardening and fixing houses. When an obscure item needed to be sourced, I drove all the way across town to see them, because they almost always had that oddball piece that none of the big-box stores carried. If they didn't have it, they could generally order it for me. They found a new handle for my shake froe. If that weren't enough, Dave was a member of the local woodturners group, and made me a mallet for my froe out of a piece of laurel. His products are the two on the far right:
hammers
hammers
I will be sorry to see them go, and more that I'll be stuck dealing with the know-nothings at Home Depot and Lowes and McLendons. Fortunately there are two or three individuals at local ACE retailers who know their ass from their elbow and can offer more help than directing me to Aisle 52B. Their last day will be Wednesday September 30th. There will be a silent auction on the fixtures and some oddball pieces of inventory that haven't been sold yet. BK

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
flatsqwerl

flatsqwerl
PostSun Sep 27, 2020 7:35 pm 
This really bums me out. I've been going there since I moved here in 2009...I will miss them. They frequently had good advice for me on my home projects. It was fun to go there knowing they usually had some small little thing I was looking for..and if not, their advice was usually very helpful. bawl.gif

Navy salad

Navy salad
PostThu Oct 01, 2020 12:38 pm 
I've been in this store! I used to live within half a mile of there, although it's been nearly 5 decades since I lived there. I love the small hardware stores, where you walk in the door and within a minute or less someone is asking if they can help you find something.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostThu Oct 08, 2020 5:57 pm 
Was at Swains today still a nice blend of REI and Cabalas don’t seam to have corks anymore and Collins axes Hencho en Mexico.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn