Forum Index > Trail Talk > Undisclosed Hike Way Back In 2004
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
tamigleason

tamigleason
PostSun Oct 04, 2020 1:21 pm 
Drove the middle fork and found a hike with a wooden bridge. It is hard for me to describe exactly where this hike is. Back in 2003/04 you could park safely off the road and go up the hill to get on this trail. If you are driving to go to the end of the middle fork; it would be on your left. The trail now has not been travelled on for quite some time because it was hard for me to see it as I passed by. Thanks a lot if anyone has info on this abandoned trail.

Tami Gleason
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
nordique

nordique
PostSun Oct 04, 2020 4:02 pm 
That's a long time ago. You can't just drive up the road--now paved, of course--and locate that spot? Which side of the road? My first guess would be the CCC Trail, from the trailhead just before the first unpaved section.

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostFri Oct 09, 2020 9:41 pm 
There aren't very many wooden trail bridges in the Middle Fork (because there are not many trails to start with). The Hardscrabble Creek bridge was built in the early 2000's and that is near the end of the road. This was well before the Dingford Gate was put in so you could have driven there then. But it's barely uphill from the parking area and just a few hundred feet away.
Hardscrabble Creek bridge
Hardscrabble Creek bridge
There was a short wooden bridge on the upper CCC trail extension over the creek that comes down from Bessemer, but that trail wasn't built until 2005. And that bridge was wiped out by the 2009 floods.

tamigleason

tamigleason
PostWed Oct 28, 2020 4:26 pm 
as i drove by last year - 2019 - it was hard to see because it being used. This trail went up hill and then flattened out - This bridge was a rather new bridge with fresh boards and such. Someone up there had set up memorials on the ground for some reason. I remember hiking up to this bridge and turned around because of time restraints. I might be going up there soon to take some pics of where this old trail is located - maybe that would help.

Tami Gleason
tamigleason

tamigleason
PostThu Oct 29, 2020 3:55 pm 
CCC trail no. 1264 Middle Fork Trailhead I found this trail today (10/29/2020) Yeah !!!!!

Tami Gleason