Forum Index > Trail Talk > Seattle man dies after encountering white-out snow conditions in Mt. Rainier National Park
Previous :: Next Topic  
carlb328

carlb328

PostTue Oct 06, 2020 12:08 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
So much chaos and destruction this year, hopefully 2021 will be better.

https://komonews.com/news/local/seattle-man-dies-after-encountering-white-out-snow-conditions-in-mt-rainier-national-park
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito

Snarky Member
PostTue Oct 06, 2020 6:43 pm 
Prior discussion of this tragedy here:  http://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8032782
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph

PostTue Oct 06, 2020 8:59 pm 
2020=much suffering, pain and loss.

I keep wondering, where is everyone going, and is it to a better place?

--------------
Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots

Happy Curmudgeon
PostTue Oct 06, 2020 9:07 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
2020=much suffering, pain and loss.

I keep wondering, where is everyone going, and is it to a better place?

I have to say that if your spiritual beliefs are correct, then yes. Otherwise, no.

--------------
"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
pula58

pula58

PostWed Oct 07, 2020 11:50 am 
moonspots wrote:

I have to say that if your spiritual beliefs are correct, then yes. Otherwise, no.

"correct" ??

My impression is that the administrators of this site have asked us all to refrain from posting divisive comments. Politics, religion.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
neek

neek

PostWed Oct 07, 2020 12:38 pm 
pula58 wrote:
"correct" ??

I didn't read it the same way.  More like "if you believe X, and X is true, then Y".  IOW, a simple logical proposition, devoid of claims about what the "correct" belief is.  I can see how it could be parsed differently, but don't think that was the intent.
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph

PostWed Oct 07, 2020 10:42 pm 
My post had nothing to do with religion.

--------------
Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Damian

Damian

PostThu Oct 08, 2020 9:27 am 
Well the real crux of the posting terms is: "If it's divisive or highly contentious and not outdoor related it's pseudo-politics and off limits at NWHikers."  I see nothing devisive here.  Though a philisophical non-hiking focused discussion might fit better in the Saloon.
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath

Faster than light
PostThu Oct 08, 2020 9:35 am 
Fight!  Fight!  Fight!

The rains haven't even started yet.  I'm looking at sunshine out the window.  Everybody needs to go hit the trail.  Bring a map and compass with you, bring GPS too in case you can't see any landmarks.  Don't forget insulation!
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph

PostThu Oct 08, 2020 2:34 pm 
The rains have started today here in Verlot although just a mist so far. Luckily my son and I had a good day fishing yesterday in a mountain lake.

--------------
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trail Talk > Seattle man dies after encountering white-out snow conditions in Mt. Rainier National Park
  Happy Birthday glenoid!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: