Forum Index > Gear Talk > What Frustrates You The Most When Hiking?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostFri Oct 23, 2020 12:48 pm 
BigBrunyon wrote:
People in my way!! Trees blocking the view!!! Regulations!!! Permits!!! People tellin me to turn down the music!!! Stubbing my toes kickin down cairns!!! People in my drone footage!!! These things annoy me!!!
hockeygrin.gif lol.gif Have we found "Angry Hiker" again, under a pseudonym? Slap my knee, that's funny!

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Riverside Laker

Riverside Laker
PostFri Oct 23, 2020 1:34 pm 
Thinking about NWhiker threads like this. It's like an earworm.

seattlenativemike

seattlenativemike
PostFri Oct 23, 2020 9:27 pm 
Irritated that my childhood asthma has returned but at least there are better drugs now

Downhill

Downhill
PostTue Oct 27, 2020 8:44 pm 
Rilwan wrote:
What Frustrates You The Most When Hiking?
Horse poop. Dog poop bags along the trail. Trails gorged out by horses. Hordes of flies feasting on horse poop. Trails unmaintained for years by the USFS (not their fault), Instagram posts that tag the specific names (e.g. Kold Chuck, etc.), Finding BootPathGuys cameras vandalized, bad peeps sawing off old snags for firewood in the wilderness (no fire zones), NPS regulating the North Cascades wilderness when no one in that agency, other than their backcountry rangers have ever even seen the park from more than 100 yards from their NPS truck.

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostWed Oct 28, 2020 8:52 am 
ahh that was funny chief!! and just think ALL THOSE lessons were FREEEEE!! on the winds trip this labor day weekend we learned not to pitch your tent under the trees in 90mph wind storms...cause the shallow soil WILL NOT HOLD the trees up-right.. luckily the rootball only launched my friend about 6ft. through the air when the 3 trees fell over.... he said he was a little panicked when he felt around on the edge of the rootball/ HOLE and it felt like he was on the edge of a cliff.....SUPER FUN!! lol.gif and the wind was blowing the right way so he didn't get crushed....we did have 4 more great nights after the 15hrs of no sleep... good thing we didn't camp in the upper basin...1 guy went past camp at 4pm and his tent was shredded so had to walk out...4-5 others were helicopter rescued...including the altitude sick people. WE DID have titcomb basin to ourselves for a dayhike tongue.gif THE WINDS ALLWAYS DELIVERS !!!

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Oct 28, 2020 11:11 am 
forest gnome wrote:
on the winds trip this labor day weekend we learned not to pitch your tent under the trees in 90mph wind storms...cause the shallow soil WILL NOT HOLD the trees up-right..
Dylan has purchased a couple of hammocks try to see how he likes sleeping in them...I was thinking that a hammock would be good during a storm since they won't blow away, but if one of the trees you are attached to goes down, that would be a bad trip. I had no issue at all with the altitude in the winds, we camped just below 10k.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostThu Oct 29, 2020 5:11 am 
Nothing. Hiking relieves my frustrations. It is amusing though to read the diatribes of crybabies. Like the guy (in a different thread) whose entire day was destroyed when he head some horn honking in a parking lot. embarassedlaugh.gif

BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostThu Oct 29, 2020 7:48 am 
Slugman wrote:
Nothing. Hiking relieves my frustrations. It is amusing though to read the diatribes of crybabies. Like the guy (in a different thread) whose entire day was destroyed when he head some horn honking in a parking lot. embarassedlaugh.gif
Look heres the deal thats because your uxpectations are too low!!! My uxpectations are high on these trails!!!