Forum Index > Gear Talk > Electric Bikes
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostTue Jul 07, 2020 10:06 am 
Yesterday's Running Of The Dog. I stopped and let some air out of the tires after the pavement turned to gravel. I had them pumped up to be hard for pavement. Reducing the tire pressure helped a lot in not having that bouncing off every little rock.
Snuffy at the All Right Corral
Snuffy at the All Right Corral
Traffic was terrible. One pickup went by on the ten mile trip. Ten miles is the ideal distance to run the Demon Dog. Any less, she is not tired enough. More and her foot pads get worn and sore. Here she is in the flowers. It seems to be an extra flowery spring here due to the frequent rain showers.
A Happy Dog
A Happy Dog

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Jul 13, 2020 7:16 am 
She added electric assist to a recumbent trike.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri Aug 21, 2020 6:56 am 
I'm beginning to think I can get 50 to 60 miles out of a battery if there are no long battery sucking hills. Rode a loop yesterday that was a long gentle climb for 20 miles with about 7 miles of that being gravel and washboard, then 12 miles back and the display showed I was half way down on battery power.

RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostThu Oct 29, 2020 9:09 am 
Ride a Harley ... For those with the short attention span ...
So just prototypes out now and really just one model, but obviously they will come out with more in the future. I really like the belt drive which is waaaaaay more reliable than a chain. It does have it's downsides as it is more expensive and you can't replace one in the field ASAIK. Rumi

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
Opus
Wannabe

Opus
Wannabe
PostMon Nov 16, 2020 10:03 am 
Harley Davidson finally put up a site for their bikes. Looks pretty interesting. Really strong Brose motor and good range, belt drive, CVT hub gearing. Pricey and heavy though. https://www.serial1.com/

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Nov 16, 2020 5:51 pm 
Put some cards on the forks with a clothespin and drip oil as you go and you've darn near got the real thing. I have 2020 miles on my Gazelle and have had no problems. The brakes are a bit noisy and probably need some work.

reststep

reststep
PostFri Nov 20, 2020 4:52 pm 
haydenslides wrote:
That would be a fun ride. Thanks for posting. Did you ride from the Hurricane Ridge parking lot?

"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSat Jan 02, 2021 9:56 am 
I havent followed all the pages, I dont see very well. What kinf of bike is that pictured?

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Jan 04, 2021 5:15 pm 
Well, it turns out I can still ride, I just have to be careful. Mostly stay on gravel roads. I think Ill go Toms route and get a Watts Hydra.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
haydenslides

haydenslides
PostMon Jan 04, 2021 5:47 pm 
They are a lot of fun and are awesome for riding up closed NP roads. You won't regret getting one!

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue Jan 05, 2021 4:00 pm 
Thanks, but I have a very powerful bike already. That;s how I know I can still ride. LOL. I want another one so I can ride with others.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Jan 11, 2021 7:55 am 
I approve this video. smile.gif Warning: There are enthusiastic F words used. Watch with care.

RichP

RichP
PostTue Jan 12, 2021 8:34 am 
My initial reaction was "I want one!" until reality set in after seeing the price. https://www.specialized.com/us/en/turbo-creo-sl-expert-evo/p/171328?color=274021-171328&searchText=98120-3101

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostWed Jan 13, 2021 9:38 am 
RichP wrote:
My initial reaction was "I want one!" until reality set in after seeing the price. https://www.specialized.com/us/en/turbo-creo-sl-expert-evo/p/171328?color=274021-171328&searchText=98120-3101
Yah. I think he was riding a loaner. But heck, when we pay so much for vehicles and homes, what's a few thousand for a bike? I do like where they have located the assist controls. No screwed on display to deal with and more handlebar room for important things like air horns and cup holders.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Jan 13, 2021 11:43 am 
A hiker lady I know here just had their E-bike stolen while in the store for 15 minutes and locked to the bike rack. I think they were using a fairly inexpensive lock, but given that thieves these days using cordless power tools can cut out a catalytic converter in under 10 minutes, I am not sure if ANY lock would be sufficient?

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.