Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Halloween 2020
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostThu Oct 29, 2020 2:37 pm 
NWH member Ski hasn't reprised last year's numerous posts of old-time Halloween pics, maybe he used 'em all. So I'll offer some contemporary stuff. This excellent display is all on one front lawn in west Ballard. The house has tree plantings on both sides of the sidewalk, creating a bower; perfect setting.
20-0
20-0

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostThu Oct 29, 2020 6:26 pm 
That's one spooky place. The artist/s are quite talented too. Looks like a fun place to visit. Thanks for sharing this. ~z

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostFri Oct 30, 2020 11:06 am 
Halloween? I’ve been wearing a mask and eating candy for the last 6 months already. bagger.gif chow.gif

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostFri Oct 30, 2020 11:29 am 
Slugman wrote:
Halloween? I’ve been wearing a mask and eating candy for the last 6 months already. bagger.gif chow.gif
lol.gif lol.gif

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostFri Oct 30, 2020 11:41 am 
^^^ +1 ykm.gif A friend sent this link to a cool "mechanized" house decoration. (Can't embed tiktok, I guess): https://www.tiktok.com/foryou?lang=en#/@eastaurorany/video/6882833786950733061

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostFri Oct 30, 2020 6:21 pm 
One way to avoid buying candy.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostFri Oct 30, 2020 8:47 pm 
What's your fave Halloween flick? In the 60's, Vincent Price starred in a series of Roger Corman comedy/horror films loosely based on Edgar Allan Poe stories. They're a hoot. One of the best is The Raven, which also starred Boris Karloff & Peter Lorre. Little known fact: Jack Nicholson has a minor role as the son of Lorre's magician character.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Oct 30, 2020 9:08 pm 
If you want a movie that will really scare the pants off you: Onibaba (black and white - Japanese w/ English subtitles - 1964) https://archive.org/details/OnibabaDemonWoman (* be sure to crank the volume up at the very beginning so you get the full effect of the frenetic saxophone intro *)

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Oct 30, 2020 11:23 pm 
Slugman wrote:
Lol, good one! One positive of the masks is that it makes homely people look a bit better. It's kind of a shame, near perfect weather for trick or treating, but then this virus...typically it is either pouring rain or really cold on Halloween.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Oct 31, 2020 5:14 pm 
My niece's son - is that my "grand-nephew" ? - highly recommends: Ugetsu - 1953 - Japanese w/ English subtitles - directed by Kenji Mizoguchi https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6uaqdr I have to get a roast into the oven but I'll give it a look later this evening.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostSat Oct 31, 2020 7:40 pm 
Q: What are you going to be for Halloween? A: Three sheets to the wind... and I'm not talking about being a ghost. souse.gif

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
Pyrites

Pyrites
PostSat Oct 31, 2020 11:56 pm 
About twenty-five kids. Maybe mini-gift bags for adults. We used tongs to pass candy while maintaining some distance.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSun Nov 01, 2020 6:42 am 
Gotta be careful. I had a golden retriever who would pretty much do what I wanted her to do. We were mind melded. I had a realistic looking fake arm, purchased for a specific Halloween purpose. I lived on a street that was ground zero for trick or treaters. When the door was knocked on, I would insert the arm into my dog's mouth. She cheerfully would carry it to the door and greet the munchkins with it. It was a good prank until.... Some tiny princesses and little fairies were at the door. They took one look at my dog with arm in mouth and began crying and screaming and running away. Being a kind and caring golden retriever, she started after the little girls to see what was wrong, but did not drop the arm. The girls were terrified, the father began yelling, "What's going on." and I'm glad he was not armed. I was able to grab my dog and then I put away the arm. It was too scary for the little ones.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities