Previous :: Next Topic  
RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude

Marmota olympus
PostTue Sep 15, 2020 12:08 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Schenk wrote:
Don't overlook plain old ordinary ground cayenne pepper. Doesn't spoil, needs no refrigeration, weighs very little, takes up very little space in your pack (or spice shelf), and sparks up just about anything you put it on!

And some good ole chipotle powder for some added smoke+heat.

Rumi

--------------
"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Navy salad

Navy salad

PostWed Sep 16, 2020 4:13 pm 
One other thing to know is that hot sauce dehydrates really well. My adult sons are sriraccha sauce fans and on our recent annual backpacking trip, I dehydrated nearly an entire bottle of sriracha sauce. I put tablespoons spread out to about 2" circles on a solid dryer sheet, then dehydrated them like fruit leather. The nice thing is how quickly they rehydrate and how well the flavor is preserved.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
neek

neek

PostWed Sep 16, 2020 4:47 pm 
Jeff wrote:
As for the Daves Insanity, a tiny tiny little drop literally had me on the floor crying while gasping for air. That stuff is lethal.

Yeah.  Couldn't figure out why I was having stomach problems once.  Ah yeah, the Dave's last night.  They make some without pepper extract that still have a kick but flavor as well.  If only I could find a bottle that was guaranteed not to leak or explode.  No need to dehydrate, as a few drops would last a week.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph

PostFri Oct 30, 2020 9:31 pm 
I have had a hot wing addiction for several years now, I like Buffalo Wild Wings but it's pretty far to the nearest one and they are a bit pricey. SO, I am not a fan of Walmart (at all) but they have 3 reasons why I sometimes shop there. 1) Un-frosted Pop Tarts. 2) 3# lbs of honey for $12 and 3) They sell BWW wing sauces.

So my usual way of cooking wings is to deep from them until golden brown, pour the sauce over them and put them in the toaster oven for a few minutes, and they weren't bad, but not great.

I went to cook some wings tonight and my deep fryer stopped working. So I put about 3" of vegetable oil into my deep saucepan and turned the gas burner up full blast. I noticed it was a bit hotter than my old Fry Daddy usually was. I cooked them for about 10 minutes, turning them some until golden brown. I then placed them onto some paper towels and dipped them in seprate bowls of Buffalo WW Habanero Mango and their Caribbean Jerk wing sauces until well coated.

They were amazing! On the side I had celery and carrot sticks and Ken's chunky Blue Cheese dressing for dipping.

--------------
Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Food & Grub > Best Hot Sauce, Best Salsa...Pepperhead thread
  Happy Birthday i8seattle, MrDobalina907, olympichiker77!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: