Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > caregiver support
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostThu Oct 15, 2020 12:14 pm 
I have been paying for a local woman to come clean house, do laundry and general work in my home. She was scheduled to come today. She cares for others in town as well. She sent me a text saying that a co-worker has now be tested positive for the covid-19 virus although she says she is so far not aware that she has the virus. three months ago the state had 80 positive tests, and that has steadly gone up,,,weekly counts have increased by the numbers...from no positive tests in this county to 28, and from that 80 not that long ago to over 700!!! and Montana is now one of three states with the most increases per population! Now I am more isolated than ever, unable to get out due to COPD, the police will not even come, instead doing investigation via phone!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Oct 15, 2020 3:56 pm 
Strange days indeed. Hope things get better for you.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostThu Oct 15, 2020 7:05 pm 
cdestroyer wrote:
Now I am more isolated than ever, unable to get out due to COPD
Wow. I am very sorry to hear this. Maybe your housekeeper can refer you to someone else while she quarantines. Also I am not a big fan of NextDoor, but you can go on there and post something regarding your needs and there might be a local person willing and able to come assist you. Hang in there. ~z

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Oct 30, 2020 8:40 pm 
Hope you found someone to help you out? Must be difficult keeping your spirits up with all that's going on. I went to the Doc yesterday for my yearly physical and apparently with Covid and all, there is a higher rate of depression. The nurse asked me if I had been depressed lately? I thought about it and answered, "Yes for about the past 59 years". That got a good laugh out of her and her trainee. But I passed the protocol, apparently if you still have a sense of humor, you're not really depressed. clown.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostSat Oct 31, 2020 6:52 am 
the chief wrote" sense of humor, you're not really depressed. "...I did some research on the matter and according to several studies using the boefort/rikter/etc scale .. humor is one means considered for use as theropie for dementia, and depression...ha ha ha..... Just because I laff at jokes dont mean I aint depressed....And thanks to all for keeping fit and covering your face we have managed to keep the infection rate below 1000/daily (just barely). keep the pictures coming, I like those wild animal movies! The cedar waxwings are here eating my offered feed before they head for warmer climes..the house sparrows and black capped chickaddees will likey stay the season...