Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Please help me escape my tormentor
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Roly Poly

Roly Poly
PostSat Oct 31, 2020 11:25 am 
I have an iPhone 11 and even though I have the settings set up to filter unknown senders, I get one or two of theses messages every day and they are addressed to “Carmelita” and message content varies. How can I stop these messages? They are even more upsetting now that I lost my heart dog to cancer and I want to scream at life anyway. But these messages make me feel nuclear. Any ideas how i can stop them?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSat Oct 31, 2020 1:02 pm 
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Oct 31, 2020 1:49 pm 
errrrrr..... if you drop the Iphone down a storm drain grate, you will never get another one of those messages.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Roly Poly

Roly Poly
PostSat Oct 31, 2020 3:49 pm 
Ski, really? I thought about getting the next version of iPhone to get them to stop. Will that work? I get at least two messages a day. What are they trying to get me to do? I just block them but then I get more. I want to scream.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Oct 31, 2020 4:18 pm 
Two is not bad. I get several a day for Catherine and Joe who apparently need insurance and loans and penis enhancement. I block and block and... Those are just the texts. Lately I've been getting calls about insurance, I think. I quickly hang up on them so can't say for sure.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSat Oct 31, 2020 5:10 pm 
When I get a call from an unknown contact, when I answer it is with:"Rwandan Naval Headquarters"

Kascadia

Kascadia
PostSat Oct 31, 2020 7:00 pm 
Roly Poly wrote:
now that I lost my heart dog to cancer and I want to scream at life anyway.
Sorry to hear that Roly Poly, I remember you mentioning your dog's illness in another context here.

It is as though I had read a divine text, written into the world itself, not with letters but rather with essential objects, saying: Man, stretch thy reason hither, so thou mayest comprehend these things. Johannes Kepler
Roly Poly

Roly Poly
PostSat Oct 31, 2020 7:25 pm 
Kascadia, thank you. That’s enough to make me scream. In 2008 I had a similar heartbreak and lost every friend I’d ever had. So trying to keep it together this time. The Carmelita texts just keep pushing me to the fringe.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Oct 31, 2020 8:20 pm 
Sorry to hear about your dog. Don't let the idiots get to you. They're just hopeless losers who can't find real jobs in the real world and are trying to make a buck scamming people via telephone or internet.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostSat Oct 31, 2020 8:31 pm 
Ski wrote:
They're just hopeless losers who can't find real jobs in the real world and are trying to make a buck scamming people via telephone or internet.
Affirmative on the "losers" part. Another idea, and I've done this a time or two, and it seems to be effective: answer the phone pleasantly, then put it next to the TV or radio. Check back occasionally, visit with 'em, then put phone down again, etc.

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
graywolf

graywolf
PostSat Oct 31, 2020 8:59 pm 
moonspots wrote:
Ski wrote:
They're just hopeless losers who can't find real jobs in the real world and are trying to make a buck scamming people via telephone or internet.
Affirmative on the "losers" part. Another idea, and I've done this a time or two, and it seems to be effective: answer the phone pleasantly, then put it next to the TV or radio. Check back occasionally, visit with 'em, then put phone down again, etc.
I've done that too. I've taken the phone into the bathroom with me, done my business, then held it over the bowl when I flush.

The only easy day was yesterday...
lookout bob
WTA proponent.....

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....
PostSun Nov 01, 2020 8:40 am 
My brothers solution for inquiring salesmen= whenever they call, he says, "just a minute, I work for Amway and while I've got you on the phone....." hockeygrin.gif

"Altitude is its own reward" John Jerome ( from "On Mountains")
Dante

Dante
PostSun Nov 01, 2020 10:17 am 
I had a similar problem for a while after getting a new number. Eventually my tormentor's friend's and family learned that they could not reach her at my number.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSun Nov 01, 2020 10:36 am 
moonspots wrote:
Ski wrote:
Bagpipe music is my go to.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
MtnManic

MtnManic
PostSun Nov 01, 2020 11:54 am 
Quote:
Bagpipe music is my go to.
What's your number? biggrin.gif I happen to love bagpipes.

Backpacking: limited to one pack at a time. Cameras: limited to as many as I can carry.