Forum Index > Trail Talk > All veterans to get free access to federal lands for life.
Previous :: Next Topic  
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito

Snarky Member
PostSun Nov 15, 2020 1:44 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
FWIW:  There is a "Military America The Beautiful" pass.   Getting one of those and leaving it on the dash in places where a parking permit is required seems like a better way to go than leaving your ID on the dash.

https://store.usgs.gov/faq#US-Military
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
schifferj

schifferj

PostSun Nov 15, 2020 2:58 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Dante wrote:
PDATE: The Washington Post says veterans may get an America the Beautiful Pass for free by presenting a Veteran Health Identification Card, Veteran ID card or a Veteran-designated state ID.  Don't use your veteran ID as a pass.

Thanks for that bit of info:

I am a veteran but way too old to need one of these but having an America the Beautiful Pass makes perfect sense. It would be similar to my Golden Eagle Pass.

I would never leave any sort of identification in my car. I don't even leave the car registration in the car when I park at a trailhead.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trail Talk > All veterans to get free access to federal lands for life.
Jump to:   
Search this topic: