Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostMon Nov 09, 2020 1:22 pm 
Slugman wrote:
If the offense had not turned the ball over, that’s all it would have taken.
The announcers noted that the Bills did not go into prevent defense after they got a decent lead. They kept coming like it was tie game. I always questioned the philosophy of the prevent defense. More of the idiotic "analytics" messing with the game. Short fields and and no rest killed the D. Plus the Bills are really good. It was a 7 point game until Russell got cooked. One of Wilson's worst games as far as decision making goes. Did he not get enough sleep before the game? Good to see that the Cardinals lost as well.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
FiveNines

FiveNines
PostTue Nov 10, 2020 11:54 am 
Slugman wrote:
It is easy to imagine the Seahawks winning that game. If the offense had not turned the ball over, that’s all it would have taken. The Bills ran up some of those points not on Seattle’s D, but with help from Seattle’s offense. The turnovers also kept Seattle’s point total down.
Agreed. If you just take away all of Bill's good plays and all Hawks bad plays, it is easy to imagine Hawks winning. Also take away 21 point lead with less than 9min left, 17 point lead with less than 4min left, and Bill's kneeling out the last 2minutes of game with 2 score lead. This game was very close. And take away Russell getting knocked down a league leading 16 times, mostly playing in desperation mode down 2 scores, he probably wouldn't have made all those turnovers. Finally, I'd also like to take away lining up safety, 33, at defensive end to get QB pressure. It's not fair Seattle has to play with fewer DBs than the other team. No wonder 7 different Bills had 20+ yard receptions. There is a lot to be positive about! Go Hawks!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostTue Nov 10, 2020 8:56 pm 
What a ridiculous screed of gibberish. Tampa had no chance, the Seahawks did. That was my point, and not one word of your garbage post contradicted that. The dishonesty that drips from every word is not unexpected.

FiveNines

FiveNines
PostWed Nov 11, 2020 1:11 am 
Slugman wrote:
not one word of your garbage post contradicted that. The dishonesty that drips from every word is not unexpected.
Here is a link to the box score. https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401220120 What part of my post is dishonest? For example, did Russ get knocked down 16 times? Does that lead the league this year? Did 7 different Bills have 20+ yard catches? Did Bills win probability drop below 80% at any time in the 2nd half? Feel free to breakdown anytime in the game where Seahawks had a good chance. What made you feel the game was close? When did that happen? Why can't you disagree w/o calling someone's words garbage? Are you as sad and angry as it seems, or is this some kind of internet performance art?

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Nov 11, 2020 4:42 pm 
Some like to dish it out but can't handle the same being done to them. One good thing is that from this point forward, the defense can only improve, and if they wake up and fire Norton, the sky is the limit.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Stefan

Stefan
PostThu Nov 12, 2020 9:21 pm 
LA 28. Seahawks 20. Quote me so I have it....however...I won't be able to get back to you on how wrong I was ....I am going camping on Santa Rosa Island from this Sunday morning to Wednesday....

Art is an adventure.
FiveNines

FiveNines
PostFri Nov 13, 2020 12:40 am 
Sounds like you are the real winner. Have fun camping.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSun Nov 15, 2020 5:19 pm 
Turned off game to watch 🚀

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Nov 15, 2020 6:30 pm 
That was painful to watch but not really unexpected. The defense sucked, the offensive line sucked, the running game wasn't terrible despite the injuries. Russ sucked again, on his first INT I can't believe he didn't run with no one within 20 yards of him. I hated Carroll's decision to not go for it on 4th and inches, especially with the porous defense. Some questionable calls went against us but for sure that's not why we lost. Hopefully when some key players return from injury, we will be more competitive. The highlight of the game was the 61 yard franchise record FG by Meyers.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
half fast

half fast
PostMon Nov 16, 2020 9:07 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
The highlight of the game was the 61 yard franchise record FG by Meyers.
At least there was one Highlight in the game!

It's all about the fun, oh and maybe the chocolate - half fast
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostMon Nov 16, 2020 12:16 pm 
Well, at least the defense didn’t cost the Seahawks another game! embarassedlaugh.gif

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostMon Nov 16, 2020 2:11 pm 
The Seahawks need to sign Deandre Baker! All charges against him have been dropped, and the lawyer for the “witnesses” has been charged with extortion. Baker is still awaiting news of a possible suspension, but I suspect he will be reinstated based on the principle of “time served”. The Seahawks could sure use a cornerback! https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30330519/all-charges-dropped-former-new-york-giants-cb-deandre-baker

Randy
Cube Rat

Randy
Cube Rat
PostMon Nov 16, 2020 3:56 pm 
Well, I'm not sure. It all goes together. They gave up 240 yards and 17 points on the first three drives putting immense pressure on the offense once again. That said, RW's turnovers lately are pretty ugly and have likely cost us at least one of these recent losses.

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostWed Nov 18, 2020 12:14 am 
WTH is wrong with Russ? Going from looking like the sure MVP pick to throwing 7 INTs in the last 4 games.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Nov 18, 2020 1:34 am 
Bedivere wrote:
WTH is wrong with Russ? Going from looking like the sure MVP pick to throwing 7 INTs in the last 4 games.
Well, he has certainly made some poor choices as of late (say's the armchair QB) however, the lack of a consistent running game to balance things out along with problems with the O line puts more pressure on Russ to perform, so he is pressing a bit and maybe in a "slump" of sorts. Plus, when the defense can't stop the other team, that puts even more pressure on the offense. Special teams have been great, and if some key players get healthy, who knows? One of my favorite quotes is "It's not how you start, it's how you finish!".