Forum Index > Trail Talk > Jake Robinson
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
naomi2

naomi2
PostFri Sep 11, 2020 6:25 pm 
I got to know Jake when I was dating his brother Charlie. Jake was really fun to be around and I especially loved listening to him play the guitar--he could play pretty much anything by ear. I also enjoyed witnessing Jake and Charlie bond over their love of things like Ween, halo top ice cream, and of course climbing a couple years ago. smile.gif Jake helped spark my interest in climbing and mountaineering and was a great inspiration to me. He took photos the first time I top-roped outside! Later on he would send me facebook messages out-of-the-blue just to say hi and ask me about college, or reminisce about a summer trip to Idaho with the Robinson family. I would reach out to him for mountain ideas and advice and he would offer very helpful insight. Jake was an incredible mountaineer, musician, brother, son, and friend. His passion for the mountains and care for others are widely felt and I know he is greatly missed. Love to Karin, Paul, and Charlie.
Jake at City of Rocks
Hyndman peak with Jake and Charlie

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
JasonK806

JasonK806
PostSat Sep 19, 2020 10:16 pm 
Had a brief passing at a distance up on Mt. Anderson this summer with him while he and his partner were on their way to West Peak. When they didn't come up to where I was and realized they were on their way to West peak I thought I should go down and chat but they were probably a football field away and to the left in the wrong direction to where I was going. I wish I would have made the effort to get over to them and chat a bit on the mountain while they took a break at the saddle. He sounds like a cool and humble guy. R.I.P. Stay safe everyone.

Stuke Sowle

Stuke Sowle
PostWed Sep 23, 2020 7:41 am 
Chiming in a bit late here as I am not a frequent visitor to this site. I must say, reading through all these posts really gives an indication of what an amazing human Jake was. It still doesn't feel quite real since learning of his accident from Trace the Sunday evening after. My first memory of Jake was in early spring of 2018. I was trucking up Cable Line and heard someone coming up behind me. I'm not the fastest dude out there but I'm not passed often on Cable Line so I took note of the young blonde man as I made room for him to float on by. We exchanged greetings and he kept on cruising. I can't remember how we "found" each other on social media but we struck up online conversations and I truly enjoyed the discussions we had which like most here, ranged far and wide from mountains to music to other climbers to outdoor ethics, etc. I recall well how impressed I was that this young man seemed to have such an in depth knowledge on so many topics. Over the spring we often crossed paths on Tiger, usually in some pretty ugly weather and Jake would thank me for helping to motivate him to get out no matter the conditions and just enjoy the time being outside. That summer, I was amazed as I followed along as he and Trace (and others) went full bore at the Bulger list. Despite that focus, we kept in regular communication and he would always give great advice on my much more casual approach to ticking off Bulgers. We often talked of getting out for a serious climb but it just never happened and I that has become something I regret. We lost an incredible climber but more importantly, a truly one-of-a-kind human. Rest easy Jake. You are dearly missed.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Nov 20, 2020 3:34 pm 
For the past 2 years NWHikers has sponsored a SAR fundraiser at our holiday social. This year, we will need to forego the social, but I am hoping we can honor Jake's memory with donations to Snohomish County SAR. As many of you know, NWH has an Amazon affiliate link (at the top of the forum). We do not actively promote this link as it more than covers our hosting costs and the excess revenue is used to cover the costs of the social. As there will will be no holiday social this year due to COVID and we have already covered our hosting costs for the year, we will be donating 100% of the excess to Snohomish County SAR in Jake's memory. Feel free to donate to Snohomish County SAR directly if you prefer, or if you are doing any shopping at Amazon this holiday season feel free to use the shopping link at the top of the forum and we will ensure all proceeds generated go to this worthy cause. https://scvsar.org/

fourteen410

fourteen410
PostFri Nov 20, 2020 3:56 pm 
up.gif up.gif

pwrobinson

pwrobinson
PostFri Nov 20, 2020 6:21 pm 
Tom thank you so much for this. Karin ,Charlie and I will also be making a donation to SCVSAR. This site has been so meaningful to our family and continues to do so. I am a neophyte at posting so I hope this goes correctly. Thank you all for keeping Jake in your heart. With Love.

raising3hikers

raising3hikers
PostFri Nov 20, 2020 9:30 pm 
Tom, another awesome way to remember Jake.

Eric Eames
RichP

RichP
PostSat Nov 21, 2020 5:40 am 
Yes, an excellent way to honor Jake's memory. Great idea, Tom. up.gif

pwrobinson

pwrobinson
PostFri Dec 25, 2020 10:41 am 
Charlie, Kyle and I recently completed a memorial for Jake in our yard. A special thanks to my good friends Mike and Robby for the heaving lifting, and Kyle for the artistic metalwork. The inscription reads, "One of the best views ever". He climbed a lot of peaks and I heard this countless times from him describing a trip or in a slide show. A couple of times from the summit itself. Upon reflection maybe it was his outlook on life. Thank you for sharing these stories and love to you. Our best to you all during the Holidays.

Nancyann

Nancyann
PostSat Dec 26, 2020 12:54 pm 
What a beautiful and touching memorial for Jake. Thanks for sharing it with us and also thank you for the story about the inscription “One of the best views ever” and how it characterized his outlook on life. With a viewpoint like that I imagine he lived life to the fullest during his time here on earth. smile.gif

zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostSat Dec 26, 2020 4:18 pm 
pwrobinson wrote:
Charlie, Kyle and I recently completed a memorial for Jake in our yard. A special thanks to my good friends Mike and Robby for the heaving lifting, and Kyle for the artistic metalwork. The inscription reads, "One of the best views ever".
This is a wonderful tribute to Jake and his passion for the mountains. ~z

Fletcher

Fletcher
PostThu Mar 04, 2021 9:19 am 
Happy birthday Jake. He would have been 26 today. It’ll be six months since his accident tomorrow.

pwrobinson

pwrobinson
PostThu Mar 04, 2021 1:23 pm 
Hoping everyone will raise a Spacedust or your equivalent to Jake and say a few words. I love him so much cheers.gif

pwrobinson

pwrobinson
PostWed Jun 09, 2021 6:16 pm 
Hello to everyone. I wanted to start getting the word out that we will be having a memorial service for Jake on the afternoon of Sept12 on Bainbridge Island. I will follow up on this site in a few weeks with all the details and a way to let us know if you can make it. Our sincere hope is that you can..maybe a hike in the Olympics and then to Bainbridge. Our love to all. Paul, Karin and Charlie

sooperfly, raising3hikers, JimK, Mesahchie Mark, geyer, rocknclimb, Chief Joseph, awilsondc  rubywrangler, neek  Tom
Stefan

Stefan
PostThu Jun 10, 2021 8:43 am 
That is nice for the memorial service. I would like to be there...however; I have already a planned trip into the Paria Canyon in Utah with permits starting on that day. I will remember the day.

Art is an adventure.