Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostFri Nov 20, 2020 12:23 pm 
asdf wrote:
I'm not surprised Russ was playing it conservatively last night after his performance last week. But bear in mind the guy's 31. No QB that age is gonna go out and take hits to pick up a few yards like when they were 25. Also I am sure he has slowed down too. Normal.
There was a play last night where he grabbed at his lower leg after getting donked pretty hard. If he goes down they go down. Lets hope this year goes the opposite of last year when they lost all of their RB's right at the end of the season. Maybe we'll get them all back just in time for the playoffs this time. If they get a full blown running game going again they will be hard to beat. Especially if the defense plays to at least league average - as they have the last 6 quarters.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSun Nov 22, 2020 5:38 am 
Jadaveon Clowney, the “free” agent who the Seahawks passed on bringing back, has completed his “the Seahawks are geniuses” tour for 2020. Clowney and his season total of zero sacks were placed on injured reserve this week by the suckers, I mean Titans, who tossed away many millions on his acquisition. He is theoretically eligible to return in three weeks under the new IR rules this year, but likely needs surgery. I like Clowney, and he is a good player when healthy, and I wish him a speedy and full recovery. But I cannot help but gloat over just how right the Seahawks were proven to be. Other things to wish for this weekend: Tom Brady feasts on mutton, Phillip Rivers outshines Aaron Rodgers, and the resurgent Vikes get by the wounded Saints.

I'm Pysht

I'm Pysht
PostSun Nov 22, 2020 11:00 am 
Vikings are playing Cowboys, who they should be able to beat. Eagles should lose too, but remain leading their division at 3-7-1.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Nov 30, 2020 11:32 pm 
Ugly game but a win, the Eagles defense put up a great fight, but their offense is in bad shape. Officials made a few questionable calls both ways that disrupted the flow of the game. Metcalf continues to amaze, only the best CB in football (Rams Jalen Ramsey) was able to shut him down. Was kind of nice to not go through another drama fest ending, although they tried their best to make it so. Carson is looking good an running hard, no injuries in the game that I know of. Things are good in 'Hawks land, Giants (with backup QB next) then the Jets. Time to build some momentum and hopefully stay healthy.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
asdf

asdf
PostTue Dec 01, 2020 9:19 am 
Yeah Carson looked really good. The announcing was awful IMO. I should have just turned on the radio.

gb

gb
PostSun Dec 06, 2020 5:12 pm 
They really are the mediocre, mid-pack team I thought them to be all the time. Several of their wins were luck. This game shows the difference between a good defense and scheme and a mediocre one.

Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostSun Dec 06, 2020 6:02 pm 
I feel this thread needs to be locked!

Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want
asdf

asdf
PostSun Dec 06, 2020 9:52 pm 
Game? What game. In fact I think today skipped 1pm to 4pm. One of the universe's mysteries.

half fast

half fast
PostMon Dec 07, 2020 8:06 am 
Sad to say that the one thing the Hawks did the best was to make a 4 and 7 team look really good...

It's all about the fun, oh and maybe the chocolate - half fast
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Dec 07, 2020 11:34 am 
The Giants aren't that bad, they lost 5 in a row to begin the season. Pretty shocking though to lose to them even though we were up against their second string QB.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Dec 07, 2020 2:57 pm 
I thought the turning point in the game was going for it on 4th down on our end of the field after the Giants had gone ahead. After failing twice on 4th down against the Eagles Pete said they were teachable moments. I'm not sure what the teachable moments were but not sure they learned anything. Maybe this time.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Dec 07, 2020 5:18 pm 
Yea, I like to gamble, but going for it against a very good defense, especially when your O line is subpar seems like a bad idea. I was watching ESPN today and one of the commentators said that the 'Hawks were playing their 3rd or 4th string right tackle and that the Giants were exploiting that all day. So, I suppose that helps to explain all the sacks and big losses in the back field.

runup

runup
PostMon Dec 07, 2020 10:05 pm 
Tom wrote:
runup wrote:
Tom wrote:
Best part of today's game was seeing Sherman get beat deep.
up.gif up.gif
And in the SB. hockeygrin.gif
Torched by a Bills rookie in tonight’s game.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSun Dec 20, 2020 5:21 pm 
The Rams lose to the Jets! Ha ha! ykm.gif The Seahawks fail to choke to the Football Team. Yay! humpy.gif

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Dec 20, 2020 8:15 pm 
I lol'd at Strahan during the halftime show referring to them twice as "The Redskins". Big win, playoffs Baby!