Forum Index > Photography Talk > NORTHWEST | 4K Timelapse Film : Featuring Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming and Montana
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
NorthwestWanderer

NorthwestWanderer
PostWed Nov 11, 2020 3:27 pm 
After a good year of backpacking I usually take my best timelapses and throw a video together. This is this years. I hope you enjoy watching! If you are wondering what clip is from what area let me know.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
awilsondc

awilsondc
PostWed Nov 11, 2020 8:12 pm 
Damn man... I don't know what to say, that was really incredible!!! I loved the cloud coming out of nowhere at 1:40, the goats at 2:30, and the intense colors at 3:50 and 5:40. Perfect music choice IMO, it really added an emotional element to the viewing experience. This is everything I love about being in the mountains summed up in seven minutes. I really needed this right now, thank you for taking the time to put this together and sharing it with us! A+, five stars, would watch again. rocker.gif

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostWed Nov 11, 2020 8:30 pm 
backpacker92out wrote:
I hope you enjoy watching!
I did, and I'd like an opinion, please: at 1:48-52 or so, did the tall boulder on the right foreground move (slightly) as compared to the mountain in the background? Or am I seeing things? dizzy.gif I rolled it back several times, and it certainly appears to move. NO, I figured it out - the camera was being buffeted by the wind, has to be that. Anyway, VERY relaxing, I needed that.

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
gb

gb
PostThu Nov 26, 2020 11:30 am 
Very nice for it's seamless nature and smooth camera work.

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostMon Dec 07, 2020 2:10 pm 
Wow! What's that pointy red peak above the lake at 1:26? That looks like it would be fun to scramble up on the ridge. [Edit] Never mind, I found it on your channel as you described. Wind Rivers -- really outstanding.

NorthwestWanderer

NorthwestWanderer
PostMon Dec 07, 2020 6:53 pm 
moonspots wrote:
I did, and I'd like an opinion, please: at 1:48-52 or so, did the tall boulder on the right foreground move (slightly) as compared to the mountain in the background? Or am I seeing things? dizzy.gif I rolled it back several times, and it certainly appears to move. NO, I figured it out - the camera was being buffeted by the wind, has to be that. Anyway, VERY relaxing, I needed that.
Thanks! Yeah there is slight movement in that take due to stabilization software because it was very shaky from the wind. Even with a heavier tripod the wind in the "winds" are quite windy! Had to anchor the legs down with rocks

NorthwestWanderer

NorthwestWanderer
PostMon Dec 07, 2020 6:54 pm 
gb wrote:
Very nice for it's seamless nature and smooth camera work.
thank you!

NorthwestWanderer

NorthwestWanderer
PostMon Dec 07, 2020 6:55 pm 
puzzlr wrote:
Wow! What's that pointy red peak above the lake at 1:26? That looks like it would be fun to scramble up on the ridge. [Edit] Never mind, I found it on your channel as you described. Wind Rivers -- really outstanding.
The wind river range is crazy pretty. That guy was 'Temple Peak'... we were the only ones at the lake that night.