Forum Index > Links > Walking Nature World
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Roly Poly

Roly Poly
PostSat Dec 26, 2020 3:00 pm 
You both should think about doing the John Muir Trail in California. It will blow your mind!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
walkingnatureworld
Walking Nature World

walkingnatureworld
Walking Nature World
PostSat Dec 26, 2020 3:46 pm 
Roly Poly wrote:
You both should think about doing the John Muir Trail in California. It will blow your mind!
We are sure it will, thanks for mentioning it, meanwhile we are going to get ready for this challenge:)

We are a young couple who loves hiking, nature walking and camping. We choose walking over driving and other types of transportation whenever we can. Also we have a Youtube channel where we're showcasing all our hikes.
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostSun Dec 27, 2020 12:01 pm 
WIND RIVER RANGE..WYOMING.. loop over Lester pass from the east...to titcomb basin.. Actually u can go to cook lakes then... wall lake and x.c. into Indian basin... The key is 2 nights car camping to aclimatize! We saw 3 people with altitude sickness... Spend 7 or 8 nights plus car camping... One of the top 25 places on the planet..although you guys have seen Switzerland ect...sooo

walkingnatureworld
Walking Nature World

walkingnatureworld
Walking Nature World
PostMon Dec 28, 2020 3:02 am 
forest gnome wrote:
WIND RIVER RANGE..WYOMING.. loop over Lester pass from the east...to titcomb basin.. Actually u can go to cook lakes then... wall lake and x.c. into Indian basin... The key is 2 nights car camping to aclimatize! We saw 3 people with altitude sickness... Spend 7 or 8 nights plus car camping... One of the top 25 places on the planet..although you guys have seen Switzerland ect...sooo
Sounds amazing, thanks for your advice:) We believe that every place is unique in its kind. What is the altitude there?

We are a young couple who loves hiking, nature walking and camping. We choose walking over driving and other types of transportation whenever we can. Also we have a Youtube channel where we're showcasing all our hikes.
Sculpin

Sculpin
PostMon Dec 28, 2020 8:41 am 
Seeing rhododendrons in full bloom above treeline is a treat! What was the date on this hike?

Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir
walkingnatureworld
Walking Nature World

walkingnatureworld
Walking Nature World
PostTue Dec 29, 2020 2:24 am 
Sculpin wrote:
Seeing rhododendrons in full bloom above treeline is a treat! What was the date on this hike?
Yes, they are amazing to see. It was the first half of July 2020.

walkingnatureworld
Walking Nature World

walkingnatureworld
Walking Nature World
PostSat Jan 02, 2021 11:50 am 
How to be energy efficient and keep electronics charged when hiking - SUAOKI 25W 3 years test and Review Watch the full video here:
This video is a review of our foldable solar panel Suaoki 25W and us sharing some tips on how we keep all of our electronics charged while hiking and backpacking in the wilderness. We are going to talk about the technical specs of it, its features, how efficient and resistant it really is, and overall how we use it and our thoughts about it after 3 years of an active use. How you keep your electronics charged and what kind of solar panel you use?

walkingnatureworld
Walking Nature World

walkingnatureworld
Walking Nature World
PostSat Jan 09, 2021 8:48 am 
Watch the full video here:
Via Francigena is an old pilgrim and trade way that stretches from Canterbury, England, goes through all the France, crosses Alps, Switzerland and then it comes to the city of Rome, Italy. It is a very long pilgrim trail - around 1800km and is kind of an Italian version of the Camino in Spain. We were specifically interested in Italy, so we did only the Italian part of the trail. We started in Aosta valley in the North of Italy, followed it for several days and then continued it in the province of Tuscany. We hiked through the most beautiful natural places and visited many interesting medieval villages and historical sites as well. What was your Via Francigena like?

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSat Jan 09, 2021 9:55 pm 
I don't really trust solar charging in the Pacific Northwest. We get a lot of good summer weather but it's never reliable, there's often a thin cloud layer, and now we get a month of choking smoke most years. frown.gif I just bring a small battery pack if I might need to charge something by USB. I have 2 headlamps and 1 hand held flashlight, all of them chosen for runtime on a bright setting. All can take a battery change on the trail. Phone and GPS watch will last two days out of I'm frugal with them.

asdf

asdf
PostSat Jan 09, 2021 10:13 pm 
This is just a spam account. An "influencer". Nothing to do with the PNW. They likely got their product comped from the manufacturer.

MyFootHurts
Huge Member

MyFootHurts
Huge Member
PostSat Jan 09, 2021 11:44 pm 
yeah every post is just a link to a youtube video about Europe

walkingnatureworld
Walking Nature World

walkingnatureworld
Walking Nature World
PostSun Jan 10, 2021 9:58 am 
Cyclopath wrote:
I don't really trust solar charging in the Pacific Northwest. We get a lot of good summer weather but it's never reliable, there's often a thin cloud layer, and now we get a month of choking smoke most years. frown.gif I just bring a small battery pack if I might need to charge something by USB. I have 2 headlamps and 1 hand held flashlight, all of them chosen for runtime on a bright setting. All can take a battery change on the trail. Phone and GPS watch will last two days out of I'm frugal with them.
Sure, the efficiency of a solar charger will depend a lot on where you are travelling in the world. To us, is it an indispensable piece of gear to take as we have a lot of electronics. And this solar panel is a quality piece and covers our needs.

InFlight
coated in DEET

InFlight
coated in DEET
PostSun Jan 10, 2021 2:06 pm 
This solar changer is a boat anchor, weighs in at 1.65 pounds (750g). Same weight as my tent. Typical 10,000mAH battery banks are under 7 ounces. Most smartphones batteries are around 3,000mAH;, thus a simple 7 once battery bank can recharge your cell phone 3 times. Plenty to cover any section hike.

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...” ― Henry David Thoreau
walkingnatureworld
Walking Nature World

walkingnatureworld
Walking Nature World
PostSat Jan 16, 2021 11:23 am 
Watch the full video here:
In this video we are willing to share with you the review of our new gas stove BRS that we ordered not so long ago from Aliexpress store. We were searching for some lightweight options and stumbled across this one. We have tested it enough already using it the whole summer season as we bought it just before setting off on a long distance hike. And we can say we were completely blown away by its great performance and all the characteristics it has. What gas stove do you like to use?

cryptobrian

cryptobrian
PostMon Jan 18, 2021 11:46 am 
For $16, it's a decent little stove. Not the most durable, no decent wind mitigation, not the best flame pattern, a little flimsy, no igniter, and no regulator to maintain pressure. But that's what you get at just shy of 1oz and $16. If you just need to quickly boil small amounts of water, it will be OK. And at $16, when it breaks you can toss it and buy another (and hopefully you can improvise when this happens on the trail). For my money, I find it worthwhile to spend a bit more for something like the Optimus Crux (much higher quality, better flame dispersion, better temp control, but still no regulator or ignitor) or the Pocket Rocket Deluxe (all of the above plus better wind performance, regulator, and ignitor). Each of these will still come in around 3 oz, so a tad more than 2oz heavier than the BRS. Regarding that weight difference, keep in mind the BRS is not going to be as efficient. It will burn more fuel in the best of conditions and in just a bit of wind it will rapidly lose efficiency. Wind screen pretty much required and you will use more fuel to get to a boil. At the end of the day, the weight difference won't be just about the stove, but the system you assemble as a whole, including fuel.