Forum Index > Trip Reports > Cougar Traverse - Pasayten Wilderness - August/2020
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Jeff Pod.

Jeff Pod.
PostSun Dec 27, 2020 10:22 pm 
My hiking partner and I completed the Cougar Traverse this past summer. I finally got around to writing up about it. Follow this link to read the trip report, see our route and check out any other info. General overview - we did it in 13 days with one resupply at a parked car along the way. So much downed tree jumping, weather and beautiful views. Some photos for your enjoyment immediately. Jeff Follow more adventures on Instagram: @jeffpod
Flowers!
Peepsight Lake
Awesome trail!
What a view!!
Cliff jumping.
More and More flowers!! Oh. My. Word.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Nancyann

Nancyann
PostMon Dec 28, 2020 9:32 am 
It’s nice to see a trip report from you two again. I wasn’t aware of the Cougar Traverse, although I have done some sections of it. It looks like quite a challenging endeavor, congrats for finishing it!

Jeff Pod.

Jeff Pod.
PostMon Dec 28, 2020 9:41 am 
Thanks for reading Nancyann!! It was challenging and beautiful!

Brushbuffalo

Location: there earlier, here now, somewhere later... Bellingham in between
Brushbuffalo
PostMon Dec 28, 2020 12:22 pm 
Congratulations on completing the most difficult trail route that has yet been devised in the Cascades. You most likely didn't suffer as much as Christof Teuscher! Edit: I just now saw that you acknowledge Christof's 2019 adventure. The Cougar Traverse will unlikely ever become popular....too dang hard! I wish I had tried it back in the 'fit years' when originator Mike and I had talked about it. Also it would have been considerably easier a decade and more ago before the recent massive fires., just as you commented on. Nothing in the 48 quite like it.....242 miles and not a road to cross! We hiked Ptarmigan Peak a few days after you, and on Tatoosh Ridge was one of the grandest flower shows I've ever seen!

Passing rocks and trees like they were standing still
John Morrow

John Morrow
PostMon Dec 28, 2020 12:36 pm 
Thanks for this. Death Valley or Kofa NWR on a future traverse list? ( I see the Badwater photo) "Now we've all discovered, the world wasn't only made for whites. What steps are you gonna take to, set things right"...Bruce Cockburn Thanks for the reminder. John

“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?”-Mary Oliver “A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.” ― MLK Jr.
christofteuscher

christofteuscher
PostTue Dec 29, 2020 12:14 pm 
Wow, very cool, congrats! I've added a note to my report. .: Christof -- Christof Teuscher http://www.christofteuscher.com

-- Christof Teuscher http://www.christofteuscher.com
Jeff Pod.

Jeff Pod.
PostWed Dec 30, 2020 7:51 am 
Hey John, I will have to look into those. The Badwater photo was from our trip on the Low 2 High Route a few years ago. Keep exploring. Jeff

Jeff Pod.

Jeff Pod.
PostWed Dec 30, 2020 7:52 am 
Thanks Cristof. Always inspired to read and hear the amazing things you are up to. Keep it up!!