Forum Index > Trip Reports > Matt's 2020 Year in Review
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors

Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors
PostWed Dec 30, 2020 9:07 pm 
I have been pretty quiet here most of this year, and frankly I also deleted most of my social media prescence this year as well, but I figured I would post this here in case anyone was interested. Despite all that happened this year, I had a very successful year in the mountains. I however only got a single climb in the state of Washington which was my biggest regret on the year. Castle Peak and Liberty Cap still elude me from finishing the P400 Top 100 in WA list, but next year I'll get them. Apart from a huge climb in Chalten on New Years day (one I will never, ever forget), the real success this year was in Wyoming and Colorado where I finally finished the Colorado 14ers, after putting the final few I had left off for 7 years while I prioritized the Bulgers. I also nearly finished the Colorado Centennials (Colorado Top 100), of which the remaining 15 or so I had I also put off. With just 3 remaining now I'll finish those by early spring. The biggest trip for the year was definitely the Wyoming 13ers I did with Eric (if you have not seen what Eric did this year you need to check it out!). I took a bit of a break from big technical adventure routes this year for a handful of reasons, and just when I was about ready to start them up again, two good friends passed away within a month of one another, so that really hurt, and I decided to just take it easy the rest of this year. This past couple months I've enjoyed a return to the Utah desert for pleasant ramblings for the first time since 2016. Being back in Denver has been both good and difficult, but has given me the opportunity to finish up some climbs and peaks that were put off for years while I was spending more time in other parts of the west. Next year bigger and better things are in the works...actually the biggest I will have ever done if successful. I am looking forward to a great 2021, and with that, if you're interested or want to see some photos or read my ramblings, I invite you to browse through my 2020 Trip Log Have a happy new year everyone, and lets all make 2021 a great year! All the best, Matt

The Pacific coast to the Great Plains = my playground!!! SummitPost Profile See my website at: http://www.lemkeclimbs.com
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
SeanSullivan86

SeanSullivan86
PostFri Jan 01, 2021 7:13 pm 
Wow, that Wyoming 13ers trip! Beautiful

Downhill

Downhill
PostFri Jan 01, 2021 9:34 pm 
Awesome year Matt - congrats and thanks for sharing! BTW - what were you doing between Jan 1 and May 8?? rolleyes.gif

Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors

Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors
PostFri Jan 01, 2021 9:51 pm 
Downhill wrote:
Awesome year Matt - congrats and thanks for sharing! BTW - what were you doing between Jan 1 and May 8?? rolleyes.gif
Thanks! I had a bunch of stuff stolen at the end of Jan in south America so had to come back to the states early since climbing clothing is not replaceable for me down there. I then worked a lot when I get home then during the shutdowns I just did cragging and small ice climbing routes not worthy of adding to the website.

The Pacific coast to the Great Plains = my playground!!! SummitPost Profile See my website at: http://www.lemkeclimbs.com