Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Seahawks
Previous :: Next Topic  
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant

PostMon Jan 11, 2021 5:54 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Only good thing about it is that Lumen Field will make a great vaccination site now that it is free.🏉😒

--------------
"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Tom
Admin

Tom

Admin
PostTue Jan 12, 2021 5:58 pm 
Sounds like we will be looking for a new offensive coordinator. I think it's a good move as they need more creativity on offense. I don't think it's as simple as going back to establishing the run. When the Hawks are in 3rd and long they never seem to have an answer. 1st and 20 after a penalty you pretty much knew they were going to be punting it and that shouldn't be the case when you have as talented a quarterback as Wilson. I don't necessarily blame the offensive line either. They were good enough. The problem is we had nothing when it came to quick passes or play calls to offset the pressure.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph

PostTue Jan 12, 2021 8:27 pm 
I say clean house and fire them all. Pete just signed a new contract so he can stay.

Someone mentioned that they (O coordinator) have attempted to make Wilson into a "Pocket Passer" and if that's the case, imo that's a huge mistake as his strengths are rolling out, scrambling and creating plays with his legs as well as his arm. Although I think defenses are keying on that too and Wilson is not quite as quick as he one was.

Some say that it was simply an "Off Game" and while that is probably partially true, they have been inconsistent on offense pretty much all season except for the hot start. The defense has been pretty good once they were healthy and after they acquired Dunbar.

--------------
Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker

Have camera will use
PostWed Jan 13, 2021 11:19 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Someone mentioned that they (O coordinator) have attempted to make Wilson into a "Pocket Passer" and if that's the case, imo that's a huge mistake as his strengths are rolling out, scrambling and creating plays with his legs as well as his arm. Although I think defenses are keying on that too and Wilson is not quite as quick as he one was.

Wilson has lost a tiny bit of speed, just enough that he isn't escaping the pass rush as easily as before. He needs to be able to throw more from the pocket. He's accurate and has a powerful arm, which means that I see no reason why he can't do so, as long as he drops back enough to see over the linemen (to make up for his shorter stature). I currently see the biggest problem being that Wilson just refuses to throw short passes. Everything has to be deep, and teams are game planning for that now. A new Offensive Coordinator who will get him to do this might be the missing piece.

--------------
'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker
bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!"
Photography: https://www.flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani/albums
JonnyQuest

JonnyQuest

PostWed Jan 13, 2021 12:06 pm 
BigBrunyon wrote:
The big O LINE guys need to be heavier

Maybe Ciara should cook for them.
FiveNines

FiveNines

PostWed Jan 13, 2021 1:29 pm 
Let Russ cook.
asdf

asdf

PostWed Jan 13, 2021 6:52 pm 
Russ burned the pot roast
tmatlack

tmatlack

PostFri Jan 15, 2021 3:42 am 
All,

The Seahawk community, sports talk radio, fans, and probably people on this forum bought into the belief that Wilson's huge payday making him the highest paid quarterback(for a few months) made him the BEST quarterback.  Malarkey.

In the first games this year, the rapture was real, then there were the turn-overs as he began to "burn the pot roast."

Then, the failure to make effective adjustments doomed Carrol, who fired OC, and we are left with an aging, average, maybe injured(?) quarterback.
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph

PostFri Jan 15, 2021 2:05 pm 
I agree ^^^ Russ is a very good QB, I will not go as far as calling him "Great"...yet. People on social media are all touting him for MVP (or were) HOF, etc...imo he is not a HOF QB (yet). Not sure if he should command the amount of money that he does, but more power to him and his agent. But it does take away money from the O line...most money is spent on the "Skill Players"..but without a solid line on both sides of the ball, things will be difficult.

Finding and having capable O linemen is a tough job, I wouldn't want it. Watching games this year I have noticed former 'Hawk O linemen all over the league and they seem to be doing fine, so maybe the problem is more play calling and coaching in addition to Wilson holding the ball too long.

--------------
Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Slugman
Itís a Slugfest!

Slugman

Itís a Slugfest!
PostFri Jan 15, 2021 10:34 pm 
Lots of garbage info being tossed out. The $52 million number for Russ is nonsense. It took 30 seconds on Google to find out this was false. His cap hit in 2021 is 32 million. The prorated signing bonus is already included. In 2020, Russís salary was 18 million plus 13 million prorated share of his signing bonus for a total of 31 million. The total team cap was 198 million, making Russ 15% of the salary cap.  https://overthecap.com/player/russell-wilson/1569

In the NFC, the remaining playoff QBs are old, except for Goff. In the AFC, they are still wet behind the ears. Fact: Baker Mayfield is the oldest one! 25 years makes him the old man of the AFC final four. Weird.

--------------
ďThe jerking motion of a knee does not reflect the operation of a mindĒ  Slugman, January 24th 2020
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph

PostSat Jan 16, 2021 3:10 pm 
Easy to see how the Hawks lost to the Rams an why the Packers probably won't...superior play calling and very good offensive line play. The Packers aren't forcing things, but taking what the defense gives them. The O line is run blocking very well, and pass blocking is not really an issue since Rodgers is getting rid of the ball so quickly that the Rams haven't even come close to sacking him. Plus Rodgers is a better QB than Wilson.

--------------
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Seahawks
  Happy Birthday RG, the1mitch!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: