Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Seahawks
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Jan 11, 2021 6:54 pm 
Only good thing about it is that Lumen Field will make a great vaccination site now that it is free.🏉😒

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Jan 12, 2021 6:58 pm 
Sounds like we will be looking for a new offensive coordinator. I think it's a good move as they need more creativity on offense. I don't think it's as simple as going back to establishing the run. When the Hawks are in 3rd and long they never seem to have an answer. 1st and 20 after a penalty you pretty much knew they were going to be punting it and that shouldn't be the case when you have as talented a quarterback as Wilson. I don't necessarily blame the offensive line either. They were good enough. The problem is we had nothing when it came to quick passes or play calls to offset the pressure.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Jan 12, 2021 9:27 pm 
I say clean house and fire them all. Pete just signed a new contract so he can stay. Someone mentioned that they (O coordinator) have attempted to make Wilson into a "Pocket Passer" and if that's the case, imo that's a huge mistake as his strengths are rolling out, scrambling and creating plays with his legs as well as his arm. Although I think defenses are keying on that too and Wilson is not quite as quick as he one was. Some say that it was simply an "Off Game" and while that is probably partially true, they have been inconsistent on offense pretty much all season except for the hot start. The defense has been pretty good once they were healthy and after they acquired Dunbar.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostWed Jan 13, 2021 12:19 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Someone mentioned that they (O coordinator) have attempted to make Wilson into a "Pocket Passer" and if that's the case, imo that's a huge mistake as his strengths are rolling out, scrambling and creating plays with his legs as well as his arm. Although I think defenses are keying on that too and Wilson is not quite as quick as he one was.
Wilson has lost a tiny bit of speed, just enough that he isn't escaping the pass rush as easily as before. He needs to be able to throw more from the pocket. He's accurate and has a powerful arm, which means that I see no reason why he can't do so, as long as he drops back enough to see over the linemen (to make up for his shorter stature). I currently see the biggest problem being that Wilson just refuses to throw short passes. Everything has to be deep, and teams are game planning for that now. A new Offensive Coordinator who will get him to do this might be the missing piece.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
JonnyQuest

JonnyQuest
PostWed Jan 13, 2021 1:06 pm 
BigBrunyon wrote:
The big O LINE guys need to be heavier
Maybe Ciara should cook for them.

FiveNines

FiveNines
PostWed Jan 13, 2021 2:29 pm 
Let Russ cook.

asdf

asdf
PostWed Jan 13, 2021 7:52 pm 
Russ burned the pot roast

tmatlack

tmatlack
PostFri Jan 15, 2021 4:42 am 
All, The Seahawk community, sports talk radio, fans, and probably people on this forum bought into the belief that Wilson's huge payday making him the highest paid quarterback(for a few months) made him the BEST quarterback. Malarkey. In the first games this year, the rapture was real, then there were the turn-overs as he began to "burn the pot roast." Then, the failure to make effective adjustments doomed Carrol, who fired OC, and we are left with an aging, average, maybe injured(?) quarterback.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Jan 15, 2021 3:05 pm 
I agree ^^^ Russ is a very good QB, I will not go as far as calling him "Great"...yet. People on social media are all touting him for MVP (or were) HOF, etc...imo he is not a HOF QB (yet). Not sure if he should command the amount of money that he does, but more power to him and his agent. But it does take away money from the O line...most money is spent on the "Skill Players"..but without a solid line on both sides of the ball, things will be difficult. Finding and having capable O linemen is a tough job, I wouldn't want it. Watching games this year I have noticed former 'Hawk O linemen all over the league and they seem to be doing fine, so maybe the problem is more play calling and coaching in addition to Wilson holding the ball too long.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostFri Jan 15, 2021 11:34 pm 
Lots of garbage info being tossed out. The $52 million number for Russ is nonsense. It took 30 seconds on Google to find out this was false. His cap hit in 2021 is 32 million. The prorated signing bonus is already included. In 2020, Russ’s salary was 18 million plus 13 million prorated share of his signing bonus for a total of 31 million. The total team cap was 198 million, making Russ 15% of the salary cap. https://overthecap.com/player/russell-wilson/1569 In the NFC, the remaining playoff QBs are old, except for Goff. In the AFC, they are still wet behind the ears. Fact: Baker Mayfield is the oldest one! 25 years makes him the old man of the AFC final four. Weird.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Jan 16, 2021 4:10 pm 
Easy to see how the Hawks lost to the Rams an why the Packers probably won't...superior play calling and very good offensive line play. The Packers aren't forcing things, but taking what the defense gives them. The O line is run blocking very well, and pass blocking is not really an issue since Rodgers is getting rid of the ball so quickly that the Rams haven't even come close to sacking him. Plus Rodgers is a better QB than Wilson.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Sep 19, 2021 5:25 pm 
Typical Seahawks game in that the opposing team, no matter how badly they play is rarely out of the game. Flowers "Air Tackle" on Henry's long TD run was key along with idiotic penalties. Metcalf's 'blocking' 'technique' needs serious work. That last 'Hawks possession was pathetic, trying to get it all at once instead of short plays to get a first down. The more I watch the NFL, the more I see that proper execution and lack of mistakes are more important than talent.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Sep 19, 2021 5:35 pm 
The whole game it just felt like we were fortunate to be ahead, which was mostly due to a handful of great plays on offense and defense and some officiating breaks. Wasn't getting a good vibe for the rest of the season and can't say I was shocked by the ending, but hopefully they figure it out.

Leafguy

Leafguy
PostSun Sep 19, 2021 5:51 pm 
Whatever adjustments TN made to get Henry back in the sure worked. Outcoached again? 😱

Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012

Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012
PostSun Sep 19, 2021 7:54 pm 
😆 🤣 😂 Snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory!

mtn.climber  Chief Joseph