Forum Index > Trail Talk > Spikes on Beckler River road
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
SwitchbackFisher
Boot buster

SwitchbackFisher
Boot buster
PostFri Jan 15, 2021 12:04 am 
People have done things like this to disable vehicles and commit some very vile crimes to the occupants in the past don't recall all the details, (my wife is a true crime junky heard it on a podcast she listens to) . I hope it's nothing like that, but it's very scary.

I may not be the smartest, I may not be the strongest, but I don't want to be. I only want to be the best I can be.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Jan 15, 2021 1:22 am 
SwitchbackFisher wrote:
People have done things like this to disable vehicles and commit some very vile crimes to the occupants in the past
Or it could be tweekers, hoping to disable vehicles, the occupants might abandon the vehicles, then they can take anything of value and maybe strip parts off the vehicle. Hard to tell what the motive is in this case, maybe they simply like to be destructive?

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
gb

gb
PostFri Jan 15, 2021 6:25 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
SwitchbackFisher wrote:
People have done things like this to disable vehicles and commit some very vile crimes to the occupants in the past
Or it could be tweekers, hoping to disable vehicles, the occupants might abandon the vehicles, then they can take anything of value and maybe strip parts off the vehicle. Hard to tell what the motive is in this case, maybe they simply like to be destructive?
Maybe they are simpletons.

Sky Hiker

Sky Hiker
PostSat Jan 16, 2021 5:53 am 
I heard that another one was found up Tonga Ridge road. Didn't hear when it was found or if it was a snow mobiles, snowshoer, 4x4, or cross country user. The USFS is aware of both instances now.. Tonga is a popular 4x4 spot and gets a fair amount of various recreational users so doubtful it was to disable and vandalize vehicles with that many people around. But that's pure speculation on my part.