Forum Index > Trail Talk > Lyman Hill or Anderson for a PNT hike? Elbow Lake?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Kellbell

Kellbell
PostThu Jan 21, 2021 12:12 pm 
I'm looking at my Guthooks, and it looks like I could get around 12 miles of the PNT done with two cars on either of these hikes. Of course, not knowing where I can for sure leave the second car is worring me. I have found some trip reports describing Anderson Mountain (seems pretty confusing and muddy this time of year... possible snow too?) but Lyman Hill remains a mystery. I am also curious about the Bell Pass/Elbow Lake area, but it sounds like forest road 12 being closed makes that one inaccessible. Any advice is greatly appreciated

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Kellbell

Kellbell
PostSat Jan 23, 2021 2:24 pm 
So FYI, I drove up hwy 9 to check things out, and at the spot we would have to leave a car in order to do the Lyman Hill portion, there was a big ol' NO TRESSPASSING sign. I emailed the PNT organization to ask what's up, and they basically said part of the land is on private property and though relations have been amicable thus far (allowing hikers through), that might have changed, and so therefore the sign needs to be respected. So that hike is out due to further notice. (What are thru hikers supposed to do I wonder?)

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message