Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Got Vaccinated?
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Sculpin

Sculpin
PostSat Jan 30, 2021 10:17 am 
Vaccine rollout seems to be a bit disorganized. Many folks are eligible but are unable to get scheduled. My wife is eligible and ended up spending days checking the county distribution sites with no success, until a new site suddenly popped up while she was on the page and she got a slot. The rest were all taken within an hour. I started this thread in case anyone has figured out a better way than that to get their name on a list for vaccination, because it sure seems some folks know what to do and others are flailing. I personally have nothing to offer though. To be clear: I'm not looking for advice on how to cheat, just steps folks might recommend to get a good spot in line.

Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSat Jan 30, 2021 10:39 am 
Got my first dose. The process is a lot like getting concert tickets or JMT permits. You keep refreshing and trying until you get it. Openings seem to appear at random intervals. Already got appointment for second dose it was easier. Do not know how some elderly can do it. frown.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
mike

mike
PostSat Jan 30, 2021 10:56 am 
Opened at 5pm yesterday. Was gone by 5:03. I got one, my wife didn't. Total clusterf**k

neek

neek
PostSat Jan 30, 2021 11:10 am 
Sculpin wrote:
Vaccine rollout seems to be a bit disorganized.
Understatement of the year. If only we had known a year ago that vaccines were being developed, and could have prepared. Those I know who are having the best success are healthcare workers, through their employers. Otherwise it seems to be as you describe. Those who seem to know what they're doing probably just got lucky. Also I found the phase finder tool to not be helpful. You'd think it would tell you what phase you're in, but after going through all the questions it just told me "you are not eligible yet". Duh. Presumably things will improve with time. Be patient and appreciate that things are moving, if slowly.

Seventy2002

Seventy2002
PostSat Jan 30, 2021 11:21 am 
The are multiple distribution sites: https://www.doh.wa.gov/YouandYourFamily/Immunization/VaccineLocations, each with their own sign-up procedure. I signed up with three in my county and got a slot two days ago when there was a cancellation. I'm Tier 1A for more than one reason.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Jan 30, 2021 11:52 am 
My Mom here in Idaho is 77 and has underlying health issues. She is on a list at the local pharmacy, still waiting. I was exposed to a family member about a month ago, and tested negative about a week or so after that. I am in no hurry to get the vaccine, if at all. I am the kind of person who avoids crowds and lines, if I do get vaccinated, I will wait until the rush is over.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostSat Jan 30, 2021 12:22 pm 
At 68 and the oldest teacher in the Cashmere School District (younger educators will have to wait 4-6 weeks), I qualified, watched the website like a hawk and got in at the Town Toyota Center mass event in Wenatchee. It was as smooth as gravy, stayed in my car, no wait, got vaccinated by a National Guardsman up.gif and they even pre-scheduled the second one; "Just come in 3 weeks from today, same time." cool.gif Call me lucky. uhh.gif

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostSat Jan 30, 2021 1:00 pm 
A lot seems to depend on what medical system you're hooked into, and maybe where you live. I'm a UW Medicine client, and their system has online accounts where you can view test results, make appointments, etc. I happened to be online one eve when an email came from UWM re making covid vax appointments if you were in the current age/condition group. I immediately logged in and took the first available date - Groundhog Day! No word on when we can make appointments for the booster. FWIW, UWMed has the Moderna product. It's gotta be rough for elders who don't use computer or smartphones, and folks in the hinterlands. Things will probably improve in the next month now that the feds are taking more of a role in coordinating rollout. I've read that in some places it's not so much drug availability as enough people to give the shots.

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSat Jan 30, 2021 1:13 pm 
I am currently not eligible. But they will text me. That’s cool.

Schroder

Schroder
PostSat Jan 30, 2021 1:15 pm 
I got my first dose yesterday. Things were completely confusing in Island County. We made our appointments the first day they opened the website. Each week since then they've run out of vaccine midweek and cancelled later appointments, then started up again on the following Monday so the people who were canceled in between had to start over. I got 2 emails on Wednesday saying my Friday appointment was canceled then got both a text and email reminder for my appointment on Friday morning so I went in and the clinic was still taking people through. Apparently it was the last day and from here on everything is being shifted to mass vaccination sites.

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostSat Jan 30, 2021 1:34 pm 
Schroder wrote:
Each week since then they've run out of vaccine midweek and cancelled later appointments, then started up again on the following Monday
I heard from a friend who's been closely watching media reports of vax availability that the various facilities get news from the state every Saturday about how much vaccine they're going to get for the next week. This is probably the result of the previous admin's m.o. re vax distribution - ie, they dump each load on the individual states, and then leave the state to sort it all out. Then there are hiccups like this: A freezer breaks, and a mad scramble ensues to vaccinate hundreds of Seattleites overnight

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
Dave Weyrick

Dave Weyrick
PostSat Jan 30, 2021 2:31 pm 
Got my Pfizer 1st dose noon today through Kaiser Permanente, who is my health care Medicare provider. Scheduled for 2nd dose in 3 weeks through their website, same way I scheduled 1st dose about 3 weeks ago. Was worried when news reported Kaiser had a freezer breakdown and gave out 1600 doses to not me. Was afraid one of those was mine. I read a couple weeks ago that Kaiser was not giving doses to non-members as they had no xtra vaccine. Good luck to all!

If I'd known ya was gonna use bait I wouldn't a brought ya!
sams rapids

sams rapids
PostSat Jan 30, 2021 4:05 pm 
i am with Kaiser and qualify kaiser does not work with my old computer call 1 800 352 3610 i called this # repeatedly until the recording said to please wait 40 minutes they made the 2 appointments. and i am set i hope you all have lotsa good luck as i did they DO WANT us all to get the vaccine, don't give up how about calling your doctor's office for help?

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostSat Jan 30, 2021 4:48 pm 
sams rapids wrote:
...how about calling your doctor's office for help?
I did, and his opinion mirrored mine: "Nope, not gonna do it". I'm suspicious of a vaccine that was rolled out so quickly, doesn't actually prevent you from "catching" the chinese virus, and isn't effective for very long. I'll stick with vitamins, minerals, and just staying home for while.

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSat Jan 30, 2021 7:48 pm 
At least we do not have antivaxers shutting down the sites. Article

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn