Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Another bigfoot question:
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostTue Feb 02, 2021 1:46 am 
My brother co-hosts a podcast (CreekDevil on youtube), and he's put up a questionaire for hikers, campers, hunters, asking for anecdotes regarding 'bigfoot' experiences, sightings, etc. He asked me to mention this here, and after thinking about it for a bit, I agreed. Here is a link to the survey he's put up. I believe that he's going to take the responses and do some probability analysis, so all is anonymous. https://creekdevil.com/survey.html I've hiked (occasionally) in the Cascades for >50 years, but have not seen one, nor have I seen footprints. However I've visited with 3 or 4 people who have. I did a search here and found about 2 pages on the topic, and some say yes, some say no. So, I don't know, but am curious enough to wonder about it. Carry on...

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Feb 02, 2021 9:58 am 
I've never seen one or prints, but I've got that squatchy feeling in the deep woods before.

coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostTue Feb 02, 2021 1:38 pm 
I've seen plenty of UFOs but no Bigfoot sightings.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Feb 02, 2021 2:35 pm 
I believe nothing I hear and only half of what I see. Bigfoot is a myth.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
KascadeFlat

KascadeFlat
PostTue Feb 02, 2021 10:06 pm 
I have yet to see a Bigfoot, but once my father and I found a set of normal-sized bare human footprints deep in the Lincoln National Forest in New Mexico. Still wondering about those... huh.gif

For a good time call: 1-800-SLD-ALDR.
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostWed Feb 03, 2021 12:17 am 
A Heavy Bigfoot Presence is known to be in the dark divide.

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostWed Feb 03, 2021 7:48 pm 
coldrain108 wrote:
Interesting, and quite certainly a UFO. I say this as I was asked by my youngest grandson one day (as we were hiking the south trail on Mt Adams) "grandpa, what's that?". And exactly north of us (azimuth 000 according to compass, and at an elevation angle of about 30-40 degrees) was a "light" in the sky that resembled a star. Except this was around 9AM, in August or September, and a perfectly clear, blue sky. And, like a star, it didn't move. It just floated (?) in the sky above the trees. We watched for 5 or 10 minutes, and it stayed there. So I had to admit that I didn't/don't know. As as such it was indeed an "unidentified" flying object. Cool.

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Pyrites

Pyrites
PostWed Feb 03, 2021 8:40 pm 
Which Vibram so.e does Bigfoot prefer?

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostWed Feb 03, 2021 10:29 pm 
I definitely saw a UFO floating around my neighborhood last summer, as far as I couldn't identify it. Runaway balloon would be the most likely explanation but it sure didn't behave like a balloon. Watched it for around 10 minutes, most of the time with binoculars. No idea what I was seeing. No bigfoot news though. A guy I went to high school w/ was part of the BFRO for a while, so maybe that counts for something. I was flipping thru an Outside magazine one day w/ an article about bigoot, and what do you know there's a picture of this guy I used to live a few house over from.

Hiker Mama

Hiker Mama
PostThu Feb 04, 2021 1:02 pm 
I don't have anything personal to add to the survey. But I have a friend who was part of the Bigfoot network. He was even on some TV show documentary at some time. Once, years ago, I was helping them pack for a move, and was working on one of their closets. He had a plaster casting (like wildlife biologists make) of a GIANT footprint. It was weird and creepy. This friend is one of the most intelligent and talented people I know. Not a cooky tin hat wearing freak. If you like stuff like this, there's a movie out right now called The Dark Divide about Robert Michael Pyle and his summer spent backpacking in the Mt. Adams area. Really good movie, worth a watch. When I was a kid in the 70s I was terrified of Bigfoot. Every year at summer camp I'd sleep on the bottom bunk of the bunk beds so that I couldn't see out the windows in the night. I was sure that if I looked out at night, I'd see Bigfoot. It was in the Oregon Coast range, so it's possible wink.gif paranoid.gif

My hiking w/ kids site: www.thehikermama.com
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostThu Feb 04, 2021 1:21 pm 
Hiker Mama wrote:
When I was a kid in the 70s I was terrified of Bigfoot.
Funny thing, one year we were camping at my friends property in Humboldt county, on the Matole River. Big campfire going, we were telling tall tales and what not - trying to scare the little kids. A couple of us went full on and told some story about BF and that it sometimes gets attracted to big campfires where it can hear little, easily consumable, voices. One of the guys snuck off and started lifting these large wooden poles and flipping them end over end...it sounded like huge footfalls as the 100lb posts hit the ground. It was hysterical. The kids ran for cover and a few of the adults who were not in on the ploy got real nervous. Classic scary stories around the campfire moment.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostThu Feb 04, 2021 10:40 pm 
Sounds to me like becoming a MAJOR PLAYER in The Bigfoot Scene is a quick ticket to the Big Time. A quick way into that LA TV star lifestyle!!! Look I'm lookin to get on TV. I'm lookin to become a famous TV star. This is mostly money-motivated. Lookin to have multiple yachts. Never been able to get this to take off. But now I just realized I need to become a MAJOR PLAYER in The Bigfoot Scene to ensure wild success as a Big Time TV star.

Jordan
y

Jordan
y
PostFri Feb 05, 2021 11:05 pm 
I was ending my solo trip from deep in the Suiattle range one evening about 6pm. Still had a good six miles to the trailhead and I was moving slow. Those next couple evening hours with the long shadows and fading light had a strange feel to it. I was getting more of a stick indian feel though.

none
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostSat Feb 06, 2021 2:17 am 
coldrain108 wrote:
At least for this skeptic, UFO's and the chance of earth having been visited by space aliens seems way more likely than Bigfoot. tongue.gif Similar sounding legend: some of the BC coastal tribes have Dzunukwa in their mythology. A story told to keep kids in line or just freak them out, oddly similar to the Hansel & Gretel story. That witch was a cannibal, too. Dzunukwa sure looks like a 'Squatch in this very cool performance.

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
Sculpin

Sculpin
PostSat Feb 06, 2021 7:59 am 
Trivia question: What do Yeti, Sasquatch, and the various legends of giants all have in common? Answer: The legends all originate in colder climates where snow remains much of the winter. This is an important factor since all these legends are based upon footprints in snow that have melted out to a larger size. wink.gif

Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir