Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > What's the likelihood over time of an unlikely event... a Bigfoot encounter?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
CascadeHiker
CascadeHiker

CascadeHiker
CascadeHiker
PostThu Feb 04, 2021 2:50 pm 
I've encountered Bigfoot on 5 occasions in the Cascades. It's more they they encountered me. Not the other way around. None of the experiences were pleasant! My question is: what's the likelihood over time of an unlikely event? Encountering Bigfoot. I'm geared more towards science and logic than conjecture and speculation. If you're interested in providing data towards this question. You can contribute at: creekdevil.com/survey.html It's 4 questions and strictly confidential. I would like to hear from everyone with no encounters as well as if anyone has seen one. If you have thoughts or comments, I'd like to hear those as well.

CascadeHiker
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
InFlight
coated in DEET

InFlight
coated in DEET
PostThu Feb 04, 2021 5:46 pm 
Depends on how many Seattle SuperSonics games you attended.

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...” ― Henry David Thoreau
Damian

Damian
PostThu Feb 04, 2021 8:24 pm 
I encountered Big Foot once. Was pretty scary until I realized it was just Kim Brown before her morning coffee.

Jumble Jowls

Jumble Jowls
PostThu Feb 04, 2021 9:08 pm 
My feet are EEE. With bunions. Does that count?

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostThu Feb 04, 2021 9:53 pm 
I saw prints on Mt Washington Cascades in a snow bank off route that looked just like the ones shown by "experts". But they also looked like bear prints melted out. Extraordinary claims require extrodinary proof-Carl Sagan. But it is fun to believe.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostThu Feb 04, 2021 10:31 pm 
Look, here's the deal. 'Countered 3 bigfoots up behind the trees round left side of the tarn 'pproachin' marmot off route prior to Boulder field in the stream drainage vicinities comin outta jade vicinities. Couple years back

coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostFri Feb 05, 2021 9:42 am 
depends on which mushrooms you ate...

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012

Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012
PostFri Feb 05, 2021 1:38 pm 
Scientific data says never

uww

uww
PostSun Feb 07, 2021 11:25 pm 
8 1/2 Bigfoots in this thread alone. That's 850% You can get 5 years if you kill one without the proper hunting tag. http://washingtonbigfoot.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Bigfoot-Ordinance-69-01.pdf

the1mitch

the1mitch
PostThu Mar 04, 2021 9:21 pm 
Does hearing something two legged run by your tent at 2 am heavy enough to shake the ground count? My adult son and I were at Upper Lyman lake and a rock fall woke us up. 30 seconds later 2 somethings ran by our tent that caused the ground to quiver badly. We looked at each other and gulped. I said " I guess I don't have ask you if you felt that?" In the morning we could find no tracks in the soft ground near the tent. 2 elk would have left marks. Squatch, Grizz, or NFL Oline?

illegitimi non carborundum!
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu Mar 04, 2021 10:21 pm 
My favorite "big foot" story was while camping in the forest along the Sauk River for a kayak race the next day. One of the group had a dome tent. Right as the light was coming up on Sunday morning we heard a comotion from the direction of his tent. His tent had a large tear in it and he was ranting on about "An inconsiderate, irresponsible horseman". We looked at the tear in the tent and at the tracks leading to and from tent -- "those look more like deer tracks than horse hoof prints -- how do you know it was a person on a horse ? The racer who was an Oxford educated, proper English gentleman said: "I heard him cursing" -- "Are you sure it wasn't you cursing -- I mean being woken up by deer hoof to the chest would be pretty shocking" -- "No, that is not possible -- I'm a gentleman"