Forum Index > The Trading Post > SOLD Kelty Tioga frame backpack vintage collectors' item
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wolffie

wolffie
PostMon Feb 15, 2021 10:23 pm 
Kelty Tioga frame backpack vintage collectors' item early 1970s? $25 This was about the pinnacle of frame backpack design -- even before they invented sternum straps. I had one of these once. I was tempted to cannibalize the hip belt buckle; it's the coolest thing you've ever seen. They don't make 'em like they used to. This hasn't seen much use. Found it at a garage sale. I'm in north Seattle.

Some people have better things to do with their lives than walking the dog. Some don't.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Pyrites

Pyrites
PostMon Feb 15, 2021 11:22 pm 
That buckle held when it was supposed to, was much quicker to open than the Fastex when having a waist strap was suddenly a bad thing. Could pinch a little.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
Waterman

Waterman
PostTue Feb 16, 2021 7:37 am 
I carried some massive loads with my tiago. Still use it for beach clean up or removal of major trash sites back in woods.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost