Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostWed Feb 17, 2021 1:24 am 
seawallrunner wrote:
mail order bride company located in stehekin called cherry blossom or something similar.... Why aren’t there any mail order husband companies? I feel that’s a missed opportunity, in Stehekin or elsewhere. 🤪
Over two decades ago a man was convicted of killing two wives, one he "met" through Cherry Blossoms. Several other cases of abused women through Cherry Blossoms.There's a dark side to all this. Here's the book incase anyone wants to read about it, Mail Order Murder. Anyway, It used to be a catalog, then became online business. I think the person that started it was only living in Stehekin or something like that. Ownership has changed hands at least once. Spent a few days in Stehekin and have to agree it is a nice place to visit but it doesn't take too long to see the main attractions. If you have bikes it is pretty easy to get around. Be aware the wasps in August will swarm around anything you are eating when outside. Be careful not to eat one. Rumi

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
fn1889m

fn1889m
PostThu Feb 18, 2021 10:17 am 
It’s a different hike, but coming out over Park Creek Pass is also amazing.

Kellbell

Kellbell
PostMon Feb 22, 2021 8:19 am 
You gotta stop at Birdsview Brewery on your way home. (Assuming you'll head west on hwy 20 and not east to head home... though if you have to go back to pick up a car in chelan, never mind) Birdsview is my favorite stop after a hike in the North Cascades! Their Ditzy blonde beer in the beer garden is the best on a hot day!