Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Being prepared covid
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostSun Feb 21, 2021 8:16 am 
Yes admin I know it is not a good topic and I am not going to post links. I have been reading about a covid variant that will soon overcome the US if we do not prepare now. You might all do the research on the net to learn more! Forget the naysayers, protect yourself!

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Feb 21, 2021 10:06 am 
Hopefully as more people become vaccinated we will slowly get it under control, that is if the vaccines actually work on the mutated strains. It has been about 1 year so far, if history repeats itself, then we probably have about another year to go, but hopefully with much less restrictions. Weird how this came about nearly exactly 100 years after the 1919 Spanish Flu Pandemic. "The influenza pandemic of 1918–19, also called the Spanish flu, lasted between one and two years. The pandemic occurred in three waves, though not simultaneously around the globe. In the Northern Hemisphere, the first wave originated in the spring of 1918, during World War I.".

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSun Feb 21, 2021 10:12 am 
Everybody please use good judgement. We're going to start seeing the unit at the end of the tunnel soon. Once we beat this every one of you is going to have to hug every person you see for the next year to make up for lost time. I hope hugs aren't controversial.

neek

neek
PostSun Feb 21, 2021 10:51 am 
Cyclopath wrote:
I hope hugs aren't controversial.
That's not what they told us in sensitivity training at work...

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Feb 22, 2021 11:56 am 
5000iu of D3 and zinc daily will give my a very good chance of avoiding it.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostMon Feb 22, 2021 12:52 pm 
neek wrote:
Cyclopath wrote:
lol.gif up.gif Generally, I think those "sensitivity training" session organizers need to go pound sand! up.gif Anyway, that's been my experience....

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostMon Feb 22, 2021 12:53 pm 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Yeah, that's what wife and I have been doing. That and we stay away from excessive people exposure.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Feb 22, 2021 1:04 pm 
moonspots wrote:
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Yeah, that's what wife and I have been doing. That and we stay away from excessive people exposure.
I have been doing that my entire life, starting by growing up on a farm in North Dakota. My life has barely changed because of the pandemic, the main thing I miss is playing poker, and even then have played about every other month with close friends.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
rocknclimb

rocknclimb
PostMon Feb 22, 2021 1:20 pm 
1 year later....... Nothing has really changed for me. Still working the same 50 hour a week job w/ the same people (nobody has worn a mask). Found a couple watering holes that secretly stayed open during the shutdown, and was able to continue having drinks and socialize at said locations. Enjoyed a nice gathering w/ my family for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the Super Bowl. Even been traveling out of state frequently continuing to hike & climb as much as possible. Still doing just fine.

When asked "Why do you climb"? Simply respond "Why don't you"?
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon Feb 22, 2021 1:53 pm 
A couple of friends whose parents were residents of assisted living facilities have had said parents become infected with COVID-19 and died. One in Rhode Island and the other in California. My neighbors across the street were infected last February during a trip to Hawaii. The woman was asymptomatic, the man has a high fever and felt like crap for a week, but is OK now. When they recently got their 1st Moderna shot, she had little reaction, but he took two days lazing on the couch after before feeling normal.

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostMon Feb 22, 2021 1:54 pm 
rocknclimb wrote:
1 year later....... Nothing has really changed for me. Still working the same 50 hour a week job w/ the same people (nobody has worn a mask). Found a couple watering holes that secretly stayed open during the shutdown, and was able to continue having drinks and socialize at said locations Enjoyed a nice gathering w/ my family for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the Super Bowl. Even been traveling out of state frequently continuing to hike & climb as much as possible. Still doing just fine.
up.gif up.gif

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostTue Feb 23, 2021 12:12 am 
neek wrote:
Cyclopath wrote:
A very well-behaved but cynical marine engineer I used to work with used to refer to those trainings as "charm school". rolleyes.gif

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
neek

neek
PostTue Feb 23, 2021 7:57 am 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Yep. We can't make D3 ourselves here in the northwest in winter, even when it's sunny. Also the good old health trifecta of diet, exercise, and sleep. Anyone who hasn't realized by now how harmful the "Standard American Diet" is...

Riverside Laker

Riverside Laker
PostTue Feb 23, 2021 9:40 am 
Two covid deaths in our family. One from a card game.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Feb 23, 2021 9:42 am 
It's got what plants crave
It's got what plants crave