Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > $$$$ For Lawsuits
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
timberghost

timberghost
PostSun Feb 21, 2021 12:00 pm 
So tell me this smarty pants. Why is it you like slamming loggers? Sounds to me like you have an inferority complex. Those guys do more physical work in a year than you have your whole life. Jealousy will get you no where.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSun Feb 21, 2021 1:50 pm 
timberghost wrote:
So tell me this smarty pants. Why is it you like slamming loggers? Sounds to me like you have an inferority complex. Those guys do more physical work in a year than you have your whole life. Jealousy will get you no where.
Just the loggers that feel entitled to harvest public timber without having to follow environmental laws.

timberghost

timberghost
PostSun Feb 21, 2021 4:39 pm 
How many of these do you actually know or have conversation with? I know quite a few fallers, gippo loggers, and I can't say I head them complain about regulations. Its more about not get the timber they got out of the sale compared to what was surveyed. Or the cost of having to truck it so far to get it to the mill.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSun Feb 21, 2021 5:08 pm 
timberghost wrote:
How many of these do you actually know or have conversation with? I know quite a few fallers, gippo loggers, and I can't say I head them complain about regulations. Its more about not get the timber they got out of the sale compared to what was surveyed. Or the cost of having to truck it so far to get it to the mill.
IDK -- but this guy seems to believe the USFS isn't selling as much timber as he thinks they should.
brineal wrote:
😂 this one said 3,759 acres. Out of how many, sir?

Sky Hiker

Sky Hiker
PostSun Feb 21, 2021 7:26 pm 
You have to consider the source from that one.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSun Feb 21, 2021 8:46 pm 
timberghost wrote:
Its public land they pay taxes just the same as everyone else. They pay to recieve a permit to graze. You don't pay to use the national forest when you hike with the exception of a forest pass and that's for recreational facilities. So consider yourself lucky.. It's always about look what someone else gets instead of what looking what you get. Jealousy will get you no where.
Hiking isn't extracting anything from public land and making it unavailable to others. I don't have to pay to walk around a Safeway either but they want money if I plan to eat anything I find there. I do pay for a NWFP and Sno Park Pass, so it's not really accurate to say I'm lucky to get what I paid for.

timberghost

timberghost
PostSun Feb 21, 2021 9:04 pm 
Cyclopath wrote:
Hiking isn't extracting anything from public land and making it unavailable to others.
Over crowding of hiking areas can and has led to limiting others ability to hike in areas. Where permits are required to stay in some areas. So that statement is false in some areas. I can see more areas going to that in our state but it is what it is.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSun Feb 21, 2021 11:05 pm 
Are you really comparing having to day hike the Enchantments instead of being able to camp there to taking a thing that belongs to everybody and then selling it?

timberghost

timberghost
PostMon Feb 22, 2021 6:55 am 
Taking a thing and selling it what are you talking about? Your really reaching if your insinuating timber. Renewable resource.

cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostMon Feb 22, 2021 7:45 am 
total surprise at the number of pages this post has (14) over lawsuits:: ADMIN? OH excuse please i see admin is already in this!!!!!

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Feb 22, 2021 2:59 pm 
I've been doing something more productive with my time including some forum enhancements and things that actually add value here rather than bother to engage the thread vultures.

coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostWed Feb 24, 2021 10:42 am 
timberghost wrote:
So where do you get this so called "attitude" of timber workers
"and put in a honest days work. You should be so honest." no attitude there at all... Please define "an honest day's work". I've been working since I turned 15. I've had 2 6 month breaks - one was my honeymoon in 1990 the other was when the economy crashed in 2008 and I got to collect a few of the unemployment $$$ I had been paying in for the prior 35 years. I've been at work throughout this pandemic. I've changed career paths 3 times in the last 20 years - as the situation and my "honest" assessment of the economy dictated. We are humans, we can adapt to the situations at hand. I don't think I've ever put in a dishonest days work, but who knows how that is defined by the honest workers of the world.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
brineal
Snarky Master

brineal
Snarky Master
PostWed Feb 24, 2021 6:50 pm 
Randito wrote:
IDK -- but this guy seems to believe the USFS isn't selling as much timber as he thinks they should.
Quite the contrary, you’ve made all the difference in changing my mind. 3 thousand some odd acres of Fed logging out of 9 million some odd total acres of national forest in WA definitely constitutes and demonstrates a sweeping, comprehensive management plan; effortlessly instituted by the powers that be. Not controversial at all, nothing to see here or discuss further, we are all witnesses to the resource management perfection that Randito has so beneficially provided proof positive evidence for.

Jake Neiffer

Jake Neiffer
PostThu Feb 25, 2021 8:52 am 
former Forest Service Chief Dale Bosworth wrote:
Americans must decide - We can remove some of the trees and lower the risk of catastrophic fire; or we can do nothing and watch them burn. I think the choice is obvious - In a good part of the West—where forests are overgrown—we must return forests to the way they were historically, then get fire back into the ecosystem when it’s safe.
https://www.fs.fed.us/projects/four-threats/