Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Being prepared covid
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
neek

neek
PostWed Feb 24, 2021 5:53 am 
Anne Elk wrote:
^^^ On that issue I seem to recall reading something pre-covid about the discovery that some of the additives that manufacturers were putting into those vapes were a big part of what was causing the acute lung issues, but I'm not interested enough to go googling around to find it again.
Vitamin E acetate. Not sure what became of the lawsuits. Presumably they've fixed the problem. To connect it to the topic of this thread, it was found this summer that vaping increases your chances of catching covid-19.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostWed Feb 24, 2021 8:27 am 
there is apparently a new variant of the UK covid now in california. The researchers say they fear this new virus might combine with the current one and create even faster spreading virus and possibly more dangerous. It seems that this new one can bypass the current vaccines.! be prepared!

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Feb 24, 2021 8:33 am 
cdestroyer wrote:
there is apparently a new variant of the UK covid now in california. The researchers say they fear this new virus might combine with the current one and create even faster spreading virus and possibly more dangerous. It seems that this new one can bypass the current vaccines.! be prepared!
In that case we should quarantine the entire state of California, no one allowed in or out for the foreseeable future. That would solve a few problems at once. O' and thanks to those who attempted to answer my vaping question, google was no help.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Jake Neiffer

Jake Neiffer
PostWed Feb 24, 2021 10:54 am 
I masked before it was required, changed my business to offer contactless home delivery, etc, so I take the virus seriously. But I highly doubt 500K deaths this year are actually due to COVID https://twitter.com/EthicalSkeptic/status/1338740192111448064

coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostWed Feb 24, 2021 1:25 pm 
Jake Neiffer wrote:
But I highly doubt 500K deaths this year are actually due to COVID
you might be right. Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostFri Feb 26, 2021 4:26 pm 
Good news: Wife and I are scheduled for Moderna shot #2 tomorrow. Age hath it's privileges. Bad news: Brother’s family in Texas had a house guest. Whole family got sick to some degree. Sister-in-law (former navy nurse) was the only one sick enough to be admitted to the hospital. She died. If you open the following map and click any symbol you will likely see 1. Decreasing number of new cases for two weeks ago 2. Flattish numbers for prior week Note that the number of new cases per day is actually an average over that day and the prior 6 days (i.e. running 7 day average). For more info about the map, click “Map tips” upper left corner. Open the map: https://mappingsupport.com/p2/gissurfer.php?center=37.853165,-100.019531&zoom=4&basemap=USA_basemap&overlay=County_boundaries,State_boundary,State_7_day_average_cases&txtfile=https://mappingsupport.com/p2/disaster/coronavirus/covid_14_day_average.txt

Alpendave

Alpendave
PostSat Feb 27, 2021 9:58 am 
Death is an inevitable part of life. People may say that our response has been a failure, but the high mortality rates are largely due to the fact that our society is living unnaturally long lives to begin with. I’ve helped put ICD’s in people well into their 90’s because they or their loved ones are holding out for a more pleasant demise than pulseless VT/V-fib. Truth is, we need a healthier relationship with death. If you are afraid, then by all means, isolate yourself and cover your face. But you are not entitled to coerce everyone around you to stay at home and cover their face wherever they go. If you are that scared, you are not really living to begin with. Our response to this has been a failure in that we’ve enacted every measure possible to increase the vulnerability of our population. Live is given to us to live and just because you are breathing doesn’t make you alive. With all that said, I understand that there are people battling cancer and other things. But staying safe and isolating is on them. On the other hand, there are no guarantees for them and if they choose to risk death for the sake of really living, more power to them. And yes, the numbers are skewed. Skewed by our unnatural tendency to think that the miserable prolongation of breathing despite the inevitable march of years or determined abuse of our bodies. You want to enact something to alleviate the situation? Put a ban on the crap that we call food, cigarettes and Mary Jane, video games, and anything else which you feel entitled to instead of forcing others to live this unnatural life that you are forcing upon them.

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostSat Feb 27, 2021 10:15 am 
alpendave wrote:
If you are afraid, then by all means, isolate yourself and cover your face. But you are not entitled to coerce everyone around you to stay at home and cover their face wherever they go. If you are that scared, you are not really living to begin with.
To quote the Black Crows (from the Redbull video, "The Art of Flight") - "...you can't live if you're afraid to die..." I don't know WHAT to think about all this virus business. FAR too much conflicting data, from every direction. What I DO know though is, china started it, therefore I don't buy ANYthing from china if at all possible. If it were up to me, I'd "de-finance" them back to the dark ages! Further, their economy currently is busting at the seams because they're making and selling medical stuff (masks?) to the whole world. Ever wonder about the "why behind the what"? Follow the money....as I said above.

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Alpendave

Alpendave
PostSat Feb 27, 2021 10:22 am 
moonspots wrote:
alpendave wrote:
If you are afraid, then by all means, isolate yourself and cover your face. But you are not entitled to coerce everyone around you to stay at home and cover their face wherever they go. If you are that scared, you are not really living to begin with.
To quote the Black Crows (from the Redbull video, "The Art of Flight") - "...you can't live if you're afraid to die..." I don't know WHAT to think about all this virus business. FAR too much conflicting data, from every direction. What I DO know though is, china started it, therefore I don't buy ANYthing from china if at all possible. If it were up to me, I'd "de-finance" them back to the dark ages! Further, their economy currently is busting at the seams because they're making and selling medical stuff (masks?) to the whole world. Ever wonder about the "why behind the what"? Follow the money....as I said above.
While I’d probably agree with you on some points, I don’t want to get the thread locked by delving into the politics of the situation.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Feb 27, 2021 10:28 am 
California People from out of state are discouraged from visiting, and Californians are asked to avoid nonessential travel that would take them more than 120 miles from their own homes. Those arriving in or returning to California from other states or countries are asked to self-quarantine for 10 days. The state recommends that visitors call ahead to learn if any regional or local restrictions are in place. The city of San Francisco has a mandatory 10-day quarantine for those coming from outside the region, and Los Angeles County has a 10-day quarantine for those coming from outside of the state. Los Angeles is requiring all travelers over the age of 16 who are entering the city from another state or country to complete a form acknowledging that they have read and understood California’s travel advisory. The online form must be submitted before arrival or when landing at Los Angeles International Airport, Van Nuys Airport or Union Station. Failure to comply is punishable by a fine of up to $500.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Jumble Jowls

Jumble Jowls
PostSat Feb 27, 2021 7:16 pm 
alpendave wrote:
Death is an inevitable part of life. People may say that our response has been a failure, but the high mortality rates are largely due to the fact that our society is living unnaturally long lives to begin with. I’ve helped put ICD’s in people well into their 90’s because they or their loved ones are holding out for a more pleasant demise than pulseless VT/V-fib. Truth is, we need a healthier relationship with death.
Very well said. Reminds me of my father, who was a physician and held very similar views on life and death. Which I think are very healthy.

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostSat Feb 27, 2021 7:28 pm 
{removed}

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
Alpendave

Alpendave
PostSat Feb 27, 2021 8:58 pm 
{removed}

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Feb 27, 2021 9:14 pm 
Time to lock this one. Truth is most of us could use a healthier relationship with hiking.