Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Go Fund Me for emergency vet bill
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostMon Mar 15, 2021 6:58 pm 
A friend of mine back east just spent $2,400 she doesn't have at the vet saving her 3.5 year old cat's life. She's a student. Everybody who's ever had a pet knows what it's like to be at the vet and have to make that decision. If you're feeling generous and able to comfortably make a small donation to soften the blow a little, there's good karma in it. https://www.gofundme.com/f/2b5tzfs49c

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostWed Mar 17, 2021 8:41 am 
When my cat Bessie had a brain tumor removed, my friend Kirsten James (More Cowbell of this site) arranged a garage sale to raise money for the vet bills. Several NW Hikers donated items, money, and purchased items. Praying for the success of Sam’s ask, and for Arlo’s fuzziness. Thanks for posting. Sam and Arlo may also qualify for a grant from Frankie's Friends, an organization set up for pet emergencies; not sure what the criteria is, but she can try.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostThu Mar 18, 2021 7:22 pm 
Happy to help, C-Path. Thanks for posting about this. It reminded me of my brother spending around $6K to save his miniature schnauzer. He was living in Tampa then, and the dog was bitten in the face by some kind of venomous snake. She lost an eye, but made it.

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostThu Mar 18, 2021 7:45 pm 
Thanks so much, both of you. smile.gif For a young person who needs the help, also for helping restore my faith in humanity. smile.gif cheers.gif Vet bills can be shockingly expensive. Years ago a stray cat realized I'm a sucker, and got me to help him. He was 15 and had a lot of medical issues, some people helped me with the vet bills, now I feel obligated to try to help when I see a fur parent in the same kind of situation.

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostSat Mar 20, 2021 10:15 am 
Well I got nosey and checked the status. Someone from this community was super-generous! WOW, people can be so cool. There's still a ways to go; hopefully folks can give something, if only ten bucks. wub.gif

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostSat Mar 20, 2021 1:09 pm 
I did the same, Kim. Verrrry generous member. What a great community this is. up.gif

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSat Mar 20, 2021 5:51 pm 
Thanks to one and all. There is a very generous nwhiker, thank you so so much. You've made an enormous different in a young person's life, and a cat's too. You've encouraged generosity and compassion. If everybody was half as selfless the world would be a better place.