Forum Index > Trail Talk > Trail Rage...Road Rage...Almodovar
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Stefan-K

Stefan-K
PostFri Mar 26, 2021 10:40 am 
heh heh that recent "Hiker stabs mountain biker" thread brought the road rage segment of Almodovar's 'Wild Tales' film to mind. Such a great film,.. hilarious in a very dark way, getting right to the center of 'humanity.' Much like the thread, righteous minds unfurling, a hiker/biker tangent mirror. Sometimes a virus is not a virus. here's a small clip...

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostFri Mar 26, 2021 11:40 am 
I rented a car and drove the last time i was in Europe. 1990. The east Germans had just been freed to adventure outside of their boundaries. Trouble was that the cars they drove were like little kids toys compared to the outrageous stuff the West Germans were driving. Traby Like driving a VW bug on the track at a NASCAR event. My uncle had a nice Mercedes and we passed a few of the Trabants like they were in reverse. He said that if one of those ever ventured into the passing lane a huge bloody accident occurred. Still the most impressive vehicle speed I witnessed was and big American GTO passed me like I was in reverse - and I was doing 100 (mph not kph). That is why to get a drivers license in Germany you have to actually prove you can drive, not just park, adjust the radio or change lanes like here in the USA.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
Joseph
Joseph

Joseph
Joseph
PostFri Mar 26, 2021 8:19 pm 
coldrain108 wrote:
I rented a car and drove the last time i was in Europe. 1990. The east Germans had just been freed to adventure outside of their boundaries. Trouble was that the cars they drove were like little kids toys compared to the outrageous stuff the West Germans were driving. Traby Like driving a VW bug on the track at a NASCAR event. My uncle had a nice Mercedes and we passed a few of the Trabants like they were in reverse. He said that if one of those ever ventured into the passing lane a huge bloody accident occurred. Still the most impressive vehicle speed I witnessed was and big American GTO passed me like I was in reverse - and I was doing 100 (mph not kph). That is why to get a drivers license in Germany you have to actually prove you can drive, not just park, adjust the radio or change lanes like here in the USA.
Pretty impressive that you saw a GTO in Germany. I once saw a 64 Impala where I lived in Japan in the 90's (in an industrial town about an hour from Tokyo). Even in Japan there are classic American car enthusiasts.

Kascadia

Kascadia
PostFri Mar 26, 2021 11:09 pm 
Stefan-K wrote:
heh heh that recent "Hiker stabs mountain biker" thread brought the road rage segment of Almodovar's 'Wild Tales' film to mind. Such a great film,.. hilarious in a very dark way
hihi.gif Almodovar up.gif Dear husband said he needed that. rotf.gif

It is as though I had read a divine text, written into the world itself, not with letters but rather with essential objects, saying: Man, stretch thy reason hither, so thou mayest comprehend these things. Johannes Kepler
InFlight
coated in DEET

InFlight
coated in DEET
PostFri Mar 26, 2021 11:12 pm 
I saw a Jeep Grand Cherokee parked on a Paris street surrounded by tiny Citroens and Peugeots. Amazing how out of place a larger American car can look. Just like Gulliver and the Lilliputians. I suppose a Suburban would have been more ridiculous.

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...” ― Henry David Thoreau