Forum Index > Partners > The last hurrah...
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
BillandValkyrie

BillandValkyrie
PostSat Apr 03, 2021 3:39 pm 
1st let me say this is not a request for your sympathy, pity or charity. I will not ask you for money, nor will I cry on your shoulder. The situation is this - I am a disabled naval veteran currently using a wheelchair. I have a diagnosis of a terminal condition. Time left? TBD. But surprisingly I find myself with at least one more hurrah left in me and I want to see Yellowstone National Park. The Ask? I am seeking a traveling companion. You drive, I cover food and expenses. Trip Duration: ten days or less. Start out within the next two weeks from today depending on your availability... Bill and Valkyrie Owens

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Apr 03, 2021 5:34 pm 
Hope you can make it. I recommend taking the interstate to Livingston, Mt., it's a pretty scenic drive. Maybe have lunch in Gardiner, there are many options there, then south and check out the hot springs at Mammoth Hot Springs on the way to the park. Then take the west entrance on the way out.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
BillandValkyrie

BillandValkyrie
PostSat Apr 03, 2021 7:00 pm 
Are you offering to go? Not everything is open yet - currently there is still snow on the ground there, The northern loop is open. Plan is to i-90 to the western entrance just outside of the park where there are tipis. The run there is eleven hours - a bit too long for me and Valkyrie (did I tell you that I have service dog)? I'm looking for a stop mid Idaho - Thoughts? Bill

Songs2

Songs2
PostSun Apr 04, 2021 5:12 pm 
I wonder whether you might have better luck posting the query on the TripAdvisor forum for Yellowstone; the folks who answer questions are a bottomless font of information. https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g60999-i481-Yellowstone_National_Park_Wyoming.html There are a few different tipi locations. Out of curiosity, I looked up a couple: Dreamcatcher Tipi Hotel off 89 north of Gardiner: https://www.dreamcatchertipihotel.com/ Pahaska Teepee Resort between Cody, WY, and the East Entrance to YELL. http://www.pahaska.com/ Status of Yellowstone roads: https://www.nps.gov/yell/planyourvisit/parkroads.htm Good luck!

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Apr 04, 2021 5:23 pm 
BillandValkyrie wrote:
Are you offering to go? Not everything is open yet - currently there is still snow on the ground there, The northern loop is open. Plan is to i-90 to the western entrance just outside of the park where there are tipis. The run there is eleven hours - a bit too long for me and Valkyrie (did I tell you that I have service dog)? I'm looking for a stop mid Idaho - Thoughts? Bill
I wish I could. I am up in northern Idaho for about 3 more weeks, then plan to go back to the Granite Falls, Wa area until July when I and a friend plan to head to Yellowstone and then a backpack into the northern winds. I wish you the best in your search for partners.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
BillandValkyrie

BillandValkyrie
PostSun Apr 04, 2021 5:46 pm 
Thanks good advice and appreciate the input. Bill

Songs2

Songs2
PostMon Apr 05, 2021 12:28 pm 
On the TripAdvisor Yellowstone page linked in an earlier post, there is a subtopic (column of Topics on right-hand side of page) titled "Visiting Yellowstone and Grand Tetons with limited mobility." Perhaps something useful there?