Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > March Madness
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon Apr 05, 2021 6:27 pm 
My goodness, Zags are gonna lose by 40 at this rate. They look awful, Baylor looks like world beaters. They couldn't have possibly started any worse. Now Suggs got his 2nd foul already. I don't like to declare a game over 3 minutes in, but they are in all kinds of trouble.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon Apr 05, 2021 6:40 pm 
Okay, I seriously underestimated Baylor. Zags getting annihilated, look inept on both ends of the floor. I can't watch anymore.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Apr 05, 2021 7:12 pm 
Well there is a Ken Burns documentary on Hemingway at 8:00 on PBS.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon Apr 05, 2021 7:15 pm 
I've left the TV off but have been score board watching online. Zags finally got going, but such a big hole to dig out of. Were down at least as much as 17, maybe more. Cut it to 10 at halftime. Just not having much success stopping Baylor from scoring, they've put up 47. Raining 3's. Zags have a huge advantage in free throw attempts, only thing keeping this close. Baylor grabbing a bunch of offensive rebounds, Zags gotta cut that off.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon Apr 05, 2021 8:23 pm 
Watched the 2nd half. Zags hung around for a while, but just didn't have it in them. Suggs is the only guy capable of playing at the level of Baylor's bevy of guards. Just getting humiliated. Gonna add a ton of fuel to all the doubters.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Apr 06, 2021 4:05 pm 
The best team definitely won, but Gonzaga probably played their worst game of the season. Kispert has been off for several games, can't see him having much of a career in the NBA, too slow, not a great rebounder and inconsistent. Reminded me of the last Super Bowl.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
sooperfly

sooperfly
PostTue Apr 06, 2021 4:34 pm 
Whew, I got lucky! Won our office pool, only one that picked Baylor to take it. Got three of the final four, UCLA ruined it! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Apr 06, 2021 5:10 pm 
I would have finished in the top 5 out of 40 had Gonzaga won. Only one person here in North Idaho picked Baylor and they won the pool. I really though Baylor would win but how do you go against your favorite, home area team? That was my first bracket pool and probably the last.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostTue Mar 15, 2022 1:51 pm 
Here we go, that time of year again! Selection Show was on Sunday, Tourney starts this week. Zags got the #1 overall seed, will play 1st/2nd round games in Portland. Former Zag assistant coach Tommy Lloyd is now the head coach at Arizona and he turned them around instantly. 31-3, won the Pac 12 regular season and tournament, also got a #1 seed. On the opposite side of the bracket, so the only way Gonzaga and Arizona could meet would be in the Championship Game. I wouldn't be surprised to see Duke lose before then, but if seeds hold then they will face GU in the Regional Final. Coach K announced about a year ago that this would be his final season, so he's been on a year long farewell tour. How sweet would it be to hand him his final loss?

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostTue Mar 15, 2022 2:03 pm 
Last year the Pac 12 was considered a joke...before the Tourney started, but they still had 5 teams in. This year I think there was generally some improvement, with 3 teams being fairly highly ranked most of the year...and they only got 3 teams in. That kind of stinks. WCC got 3, the Mountain West got 4.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Mar 17, 2022 4:19 pm 
Zags flirted with disaster for about 3/4 of their opening game, but a quick burst put them up by 20+. Now on to face Memphis, a team that was underwhelming most of the year but peaked late and definitely has talent.

Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostFri Apr 01, 2022 11:52 am 
It would be fun to watch the local, Van Lith and Bueckers against each other in the finals. (Although, I feel Louisville is the weakest of the four teams.) https://www.wenatcheeworld.com/sports/through-the-years-hailey-van-liths-journey-from-cashmere-high-school-to-the-ncaa-final/article_fed5f44e-b071-11ec-a87a-1717f6cc0dd9.html/?utm_medium=internal&utm_source=readerShare&utm_campaign=bButton

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Apr 01, 2022 1:53 pm 
Van Lith has been playing really well in the Tourney, although Louisville will have their hands full tonight. The Northwest is very well represented in the women's Final 4. Stanford has the Hull twins from Spokane, Russell Wilson's younger sister graduated from Bellevue, and Brink is from Portland suburbs (Beaverton). I'm kinda sick of UConn, definitely pulling hard for Stanford all the way. Men's Final 4...I just don't care. Anybody but Duke. I guess I'd prefer Villanova over the others.

sooperfly

sooperfly
PostTue Apr 05, 2022 7:45 am 
I got really lucky this year! Won our office pool again, Kansas came through! Only had one pick in the final four, but picking the winner sealed the deal. What a great comeback.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Apr 05, 2022 11:36 am 
Such a great final 4 although I am not sure that the best team won. I think Duke was the best over-all...but NC was on a roll, unfortunately I think the injury to Bacot and an off game by Love cost them the title. But give KU and Bill Self credit, he had his team ready to play after the dismal first half, they came out super aggressive on defense for the 2nd half which fed their offense. Gonzaga imho continues to be vastly over-rated I think because they usually have the best record due to their weak schedule. Given the conference that they are in and how comparatively easy it is compared to the bigger schools, I doubt they will ever win a title. They could have really used Jalen Suggs this year, imo he would have been better playing at least one more year rather than going to the NBA where he shot 30 something percent for the season.