Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > March Madness
Previous :: Next Topic  
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe

PostMon Apr 05, 2021 6:27 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
My goodness, Zags are gonna lose by 40 at this rate.  They look awful, Baylor looks like world beaters.  They couldn't have possibly started any worse.  Now Suggs got his 2nd foul already.  I don't like to declare a game over 3 minutes in, but they are in all kinds of trouble.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe

PostMon Apr 05, 2021 6:40 pm 
Okay, I seriously underestimated Baylor.  Zags getting annihilated, look inept on both ends of the floor.  I can't watch anymore.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant

PostMon Apr 05, 2021 7:12 pm 
Well there is a Ken Burns documentary on Hemingway at 8:00 on PBS.

--------------
"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe

PostMon Apr 05, 2021 7:15 pm 
I've left the TV off but have been score board watching online.  Zags finally got going, but such a big hole to dig out of.  Were down at least as much as 17, maybe more.  Cut it to 10 at halftime.  Just not having much success stopping Baylor from scoring, they've put up 47.  Raining 3's.  Zags have a huge advantage in free throw attempts, only thing keeping this close.  Baylor grabbing a bunch of offensive rebounds, Zags gotta cut that off.
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe

PostMon Apr 05, 2021 8:23 pm 
Watched the 2nd half.  Zags hung around for a while, but just didn't have it in them.  Suggs is the only guy capable of playing at the level of Baylor's bevy of guards.  Just getting humiliated.  Gonna add a ton of fuel to all the doubters.
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph

PostTue Apr 06, 2021 4:05 pm 
The best team definitely won, but Gonzaga probably played their worst game of the season. Kispert has been off for several games, can't see him having much of a career in the NBA, too slow, not a great rebounder and inconsistent.
Reminded me of the last Super Bowl.

--------------
Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
sooperfly

sooperfly

PostTue Apr 06, 2021 4:34 pm 
Whew, I got lucky!  Won our office pool, only one that picked Baylor to take it.
Got three of the final four, UCLA ruined it!      biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph

PostTue Apr 06, 2021 5:10 pm 
I would have finished in the top 5 out of 40 had Gonzaga won. Only one person here in North Idaho picked Baylor and they won the pool. I really though Baylor would win but how do you go against your favorite, home area team? That was my first bracket pool and probably the last.

--------------
Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.