Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > 2nd Stimulus Payment PSA
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSat Mar 20, 2021 1:23 pm 
I learned that lesson when I signed up for YouTube TV. The sign in process to get my TV logged on could not be done in Safari, but worked instantly in Chrome. I still like Safari, it seems more optimized for my phone.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostMon Mar 22, 2021 6:55 am 
As someone who develops software I get really pissed off at crappy software that wastes my time. So I have an EIP card and read that there is an online way to transfer the money to my bank account with no fee. To do that I have to register. The last step in registering is email verification. That step failed using PC Firefox and failed using PC Chrome. I was able to verify my email using iPad Chrome, but the app then crashed or something - could not get back to its menu. OK, no problem thinks I. After all, since my email is now verified I can simply go back to PC Firefox, log in and move the money. Suprise! PC Firefox shows me the msg saying I need to verify my email. rant.gif rant.gif rant.gif I think I know where there is a 'no fee' ATM where I can withdraw the cash then deposit the cash.

zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostMon Mar 22, 2021 9:34 am 
Joey wrote:
So I have an EIP card and read that there is an online way to transfer the money to my bank account with no fee. To do that I have to register. The last step in registering is email verification.
I surprised myself. I was very distrustful of this process, but I managed to activate the card per the instructions and direct the funds to my bank account. It took a day or two depending on time zone delay and/or next business day, but it worked for me using Firefox on a PC. It's been so long that I don't remember the exact steps. There was a verification process though. Sorry you are having difficulty. My back up plan was to withdraw the cash in one fell swoop and then deposit it into my bank as soon as possible. Good luck. ~z

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostTue Apr 06, 2021 2:29 pm 
Stimulated yesterday, vaccinated today! I’m leaving my $1400 on the provided debit card, it’s the most convenient option for me.

iron

iron
PostTue Apr 06, 2021 2:34 pm 
Slugman wrote:
I’m leaving my $1400 on the provided debit card, it’s the most convenient option for me.
cash out. put in bank. don't worry about losing it then....

BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostTue Apr 06, 2021 9:11 pm 
I demand large sums give it to me

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostTue Apr 06, 2021 10:40 pm 
I’d be broke if I had to pay a dollar every time Big Onions cracks me up. agree.gif

FiveNines

FiveNines
PostWed Apr 07, 2021 8:07 pm 

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostMon Apr 12, 2021 10:45 am 
Each of my stimulus payments came in a different form. First one was the paper check from DJT, with his name on it. rolleyes.gif Second one came as the bogus-looking debit card. The last was direct deposited to my checking account. Supposedly the first two methods were used if you weren't signed up prior to get your refunds via direct deposit, which I wasn't. Hmmm.

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Apr 12, 2021 11:17 am 
Anne, my Mom received hers exactly as you did yours, last one DD.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostMon Apr 12, 2021 12:26 pm 
CJ - I guess my point was that things must have been pretty chaotic over at the Treasury Dept/IRS, ie, they supposedly didn't have deposit info for me, then they did ... but no complaints! They've been a great help defraying my small-time landlord covid losses.

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostMon Apr 12, 2021 1:13 pm 
It is chaotic indeed; they were still reeling from the Tax Act that was signed into law with no time or money for the IRS to figure out WTF it was all about when COVID hit. And with it, the stimulus package included all kinds of mechanisms by which a taxpayer (individuals and corporations) could carry back losses to previous or current years in order to get a refund (the idea being that the refund would act as a stimulus). Lots of people too advantage of that – refunds in the 10’s to 100’s of thousands of dollars. Those updated returns were due specifically on December 31; so there’s a lot of those tax return items for them to process. Plus the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd stimulus checks to process. Plus COVID didn’t go away. Some tax returns have been auto extended to May 17, but not all of them. On top of it all, the IRS and state DOR offices are working with a limited crew; like other businesses, they couldn’t have a full load of employees in the office.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostMon Apr 12, 2021 2:39 pm 
computerized scan of magnetic ink from banks after deposits or other means of digital tracking. (my best guess)