Forum Index > Trail Talk > Dog poop bags
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Alpendave

Alpendave
PostSun Apr 18, 2021 1:59 pm 
So I’d just like to say that if you are leaving your nicely packaged dog sh## on the trail only to pick it up on your way out, you are still a disgusting, inconsiderate A-hole. Clip or tie your bagged dog sh## to your pack immediately or leave your dog at home. Better yet, stay home yourself because you are probably also one of the disgusting surface shitters who leaves hidden piles of your own sh## and toilet paper behind trees and what not. Also a big shoutout to the NFS for deciding it is better to pollute streams with people’s waste that to risk them getting Covid while taking a dump in the backcountry outhouse.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Apr 18, 2021 3:03 pm 
The dog poop fairy collects all those lovely bags, duh. Everybody knows that. rolleyes.gif

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostSun Apr 18, 2021 3:26 pm 
alpendave wrote:
Better yet, stay home yourself because you are probably also one of the disgusting surface shitters who leaves hidden piles of your own sh## and toilet paper behind trees and what not.
up.gif up.gif And under rocks on Mt Adams! rant.gif

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Alpendave

Alpendave
PostSun Apr 18, 2021 4:36 pm 
moonspots wrote:
And under rocks on Mt Adams! :rant
I bet you were so mad you could just...

neek

neek
PostSun Apr 18, 2021 5:35 pm 
How do you know there's poo inside? Have you looked? Maybe they're just full of jelly beans or something.

rossb

rossb
PostSun Apr 18, 2021 6:28 pm 
Sometimes I wish NWHikers had a "like button". I really like all of these comments, especially the one about jelly beans.

Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostSun Apr 18, 2021 6:46 pm 
Soon to be locked thread, so, I'll chime in now Topic discussed many-o-time on this forum and I appreciate when it's brought to the surface again. Obviously the OP finally so frustrated that it was time to vent. Some of us are listening As a side note I find it curious that the filters recognize and edit "sh##" but not "shitters" Anyway, reminds me of all the dog sh## stained snow @ Artist Point. Disrespectful dog owners who were too inconsiderate to pick up their dogs sh##, or at the least, stomp a depression in the snow, kick the sh## in the hole and bury it. Big middle finger to those JackAsses!!!

Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want
Alpendave

Alpendave
PostSun Apr 18, 2021 7:20 pm 
Bootpathguy wrote:
Soon to be locked thread, so, I'll chime in now Topic discussed many-o-time on this forum and I appreciate when it's brought to the surface again. Obviously the OP finally so frustrated that it was time to vent. Some of us are listening As a side note I find it curious that the filters recognize and edit "sh##" but not "shitters" Anyway, reminds me of all the dog sh## stained snow @ Artist Point. Disrespectful dog owners who were too inconsiderate to pick up their dogs sh##, or at the least, stomp a depression in the snow, kick the sh## in the hole and bury it. Big middle finger to those JackAsses!!!
The thing is that if they bagged it, they know it is wrong. Now it’s not just sh## they are leaving around, but plastic as well. If it was crampons or something, Angy Hiker could just pack it out.

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostSun Apr 18, 2021 7:22 pm 
alpendave wrote:
moonspots wrote:
And under rocks on Mt Adams! :rant
I bet you were so mad you could just...
😄👍

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
timberghost

timberghost
PostSun Apr 18, 2021 7:53 pm 
down.gif

flatsqwerl

flatsqwerl
PostSun Apr 18, 2021 8:02 pm 
Here's the thought process of someone who " bags and leaves " : " well this is better then leaving unbagged poo on the trail " or " now it surely must be easier for someone else to pick it up for me " or the lamest of them all: " Oh snap! i forgot to pick up that poo I carefully gift wrapped" . Vote for the most reasonable award winning answer.

jinx'sboy

jinx'sboy
PostSun Apr 18, 2021 9:14 pm 
Leaving your dog crap in a plastic bag along side your hiking route says:“I REALLY give a sh*t - well, I do sometimes, at least, kinda, sort of...or I meant to. Or, I should.”

neek

neek
PostSun Apr 18, 2021 9:35 pm 
I've always had a problem with the phrase "take a sh##". Shouldn't it be "leave a sh##"? At any rate, if you carry out a bunch of poop bags, you are taking many sh##s. And giving a sh## - well, that's not a good gift for someone you care about.

Downhill

Downhill
PostSun Apr 18, 2021 9:57 pm 
alpendave wrote:
So I’d just like to say that if you are leaving your nicely packaged dog sh## on the trail only to pick it up on your way out, you are still a disgusting, inconsiderate A-hole. Clip or tie your bagged dog sh## to your pack immediately or leave your dog at home. Better yet, stay home yourself because you are probably also one of the disgusting surface shitters who leaves hidden piles of your own sh## and toilet paper behind trees and what not. Also a big shoutout to the NFS for deciding it is better to pollute streams with people’s waste that to risk them getting Covid while taking a dump in the backcountry outhouse.
Probably my #1 most favorite NWH post of all time!!!

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostMon Apr 19, 2021 1:53 am 
Reading this stuff from people who don't own dogs always cracks me up. Thanks for the laughs. lol.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."