Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Record Breaking RV Sales
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue May 04, 2021 8:14 pm 
Nice looking rig not to humongous all the comforts.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Schroder

Schroder
PostThu Jul 14, 2022 5:42 pm 
15 months since deposit made and still waiting to start production...

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu Jul 14, 2022 6:54 pm 
For those interested trying non tent camping, but not wanting to go through the expense and rigamrol of buying, there are several "AirBnB" services for renting someone else's rig. E.g. Outdoorsy.com RvShare.com

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Jul 14, 2022 7:25 pm 
Schroder wrote:
My wife and I decided to upgrade from our little ALiner to something slightly larger that offers a little more comfort and we decided on an Escape 5th-wheel made up in Chilliwack. We were shocked to get the news after making our deposit that the expected delivery date is July 2023. Checking some of the other manufacturers, it's the same across the industry. B.C. travel trailer company sees explosive growth during pandemic RV Shipments Projected To Reach Record High in 2021
Quote:
“A year ago when RV plants shut down for nearly two months, who would have thought we would be talking about record-breaking shipments less than a year later,” said Jeff Rutherford, President & CEO of Airxcel, Inc. and RV Industry Association Chairman.
Now I wonder if there are going to be any campsites available to go to.
Fiberglass trailers are very sought after. I thought about selling mine last year as it sounded like I could make money on it. People were paying outrageous amounts of money because the wait for a new one was long and they didn't want to wait. The Escape fifth wheel looks great. I am envious. From what I read, Escapes have less things wrong with them from the get go, although I guess the other brands are not bad when compared with the trailers bought from dealers. I like the simpleness of my trailer. I can winterize it easily and have been able to fix a couple of things on it. There are no slideouts, no electronic stairs, no entertainment center, etc. It's simple and doesn't have a whole lot to go wrong on it. On camping spaces, I have certainly noticed a change, and not for the better in the last ten years. Spontaneous trips pose problems, and so many places require planning months in advance for that reservation. I still try not to reserve spots. I was able to make it halfway across the country and back without reserving a site although I did end up in a gas station parking lot one night. I slept well there for some reason. Then ended up getting a lakefront spot at my destination. It was a campground with NO reservations , the spot was open, I backed in and paid. I've taken two trips this year. The cost of gas is shocking to me and my fridge is on the fritz. I'm using a cooler because, well, you know, SUPPLY CHAIN. mad.gif So far, parts are unavailable as is a replacement fridge. Both trips were to destinations that were not official campgrounds. Got another one coming up. Meanwhile, I think of my trailer as a real escape if we have to evacuate due to a fire here. Oh, if you didn't order it, I do recommend a solar panel. I have a portable 100 watt panel that keeps my battery charged up even in cloudy weather. I run a water pump, lights, fan, and recharge phone and Kindles off of that.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu Jul 14, 2022 9:21 pm 
Those all fiberglass trailers are great. They are very durable, the fiberglass roof stays tight, unlike the much thinner roofs used on many travel trailers and motorhomes. They are light and don't require a massive tow vehicle. Amazon sells 100 watt solar panels for around $90. I setup 200 watts of power on my daughter's camper van , including a couple batteries, wiring and a controller the total cost was under $300. It provides plenty of power to run the MaxxCool rooftop vent and a 12 volt cooler as well keeping her phone and laptop charged.

Schroder

Schroder
PostFri Jul 15, 2022 8:02 am 
treeswarper wrote:
Oh, if you didn't order it, I do recommend a solar panel. I have a portable 100 watt panel that keeps my battery charged up even in cloudy weather. I run a water pump, lights, fan, and recharge phone and Kindles off of that.
It's coming with 400 watts of solar panels plus a port for another external panel and 2 lithium batteries. We decided to leave off the A/C but it's prewired for one.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri Jul 15, 2022 10:49 am 
My trailer does not have a furnace in it so i have to use the stinky buddy heater or be plugged in where the air conditioner will turn into a heater. A furnace would be nice but also take up space and space is precious in a little trailer. Have also pondered lithium batteries but that would require locating them somewhere else. The battery compartment on my Casita doesn't even fit all deep cycle batteries.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostFri Jul 15, 2022 11:38 am 
treeswarper wrote:
My trailer does not have a furnace in it so i have to use the stinky buddy heater
FWIW: My vintage RV has a furnace, but the thing uses 90 watts of battery power running the blower motor. When I’m boondocking in the winter , I don't use the furnace very much, but use a Wave 6 catalytic propane heater. Which keeps things pretty cozy. It is also quiet, the furnace really makes a racket. The propane furnace also uses like 4x more propane to get through a cold night than the Wave 6. In retrospect, I wouldn't have put effort into repairing the furnace and just gone with the Wave heater -- and I would have gotten the Wave 3 instead of the Wave 6 , which puts out so much heat , even on the lowest setting that I'm opening windows.