Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Where did you retire to and do you like it?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSun May 23, 2021 10:54 am 
Schroder wrote:
kleet wrote:
Anne Elk wrote:
And I keep seeing Teslas wherever I go.
Last summer, I saw a frickin' Tesla on NF-4330 above Salmon La Sac. I hope they found a currant bush at Tucquala Lake to plug it into.
You think they need to plug in everywhere they stop? Most EV's have 300-500 mile range now. I occasionally drive my Chevy Bolt up to a trailhead. I always see Teslas in the Stevens Pass parking lot when skiing.
There is a Tesla Supercharger station in Cle Elum. 15 minutes at a supercharger adds 200 miles of range. So Teslas can reach any trailhead in the Cle Elum ranger district in terms of charge.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Kascadia

Kascadia
PostSun May 23, 2021 11:02 am 
kleet wrote:
Last summer, I saw a frickin' Tesla on NF-4330 above Salmon La Sac.
Yep, The Prius is just so yesterday.

It is as though I had read a divine text, written into the world itself, not with letters but rather with essential objects, saying: Man, stretch thy reason hither, so thou mayest comprehend these things. Johannes Kepler
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSun May 23, 2021 11:03 am 
Wait until you start seeing F-150 Lightnings

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Brian R

Brian R
PostSun May 23, 2021 11:33 am 
Schroder wrote:
I occasionally drive my Chevy Bolt up to a trailhead.
How do you like that one? IMO it's the nicest looking of the EVs, Do you charge it off a 20amp--or did you upgrade your driveway to a 30? How does it handle a light dusting of snow? I've had a 2012 Yaris going on ten years, --completely useless in snow.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun May 23, 2021 12:32 pm 
What type of new E-car do I keep seeing? They are all white with no grill. Cheap looking things they are.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostSun May 23, 2021 12:45 pm 
Schroder wrote:
You think they need to plug in everywhere they stop?
No, not at all. I'm sure you've driven that road though. It seemed strange to see an expensive low clearance EV up there. I'm seeing more and more Teslas around Cle Elum and Roslyn all the time, but they tend to stick close to Suncadia.

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon May 24, 2021 7:25 am 
Oh man....I met a couple of retired people who bought a very spendy house for this neighborhood. Very. It is a beautiful house, but the location sucks. It is on a busy corner where the road is quite narrow and their garage is located where there isn't much reaction time for somebody coming around the corner to stop before hitting the car exiting the garage if the approaching car isn't taking care. They mentioned how bad the road was, and....they were going to get the city to "do something about it". That's an example of how not to buy a house in a small town.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Roly Poly

Roly Poly
PostMon May 24, 2021 7:54 am 
Houses in North Bend are just as expensive as Seattle. I suppose houses are expensive all the way to Bellingham. Down to Olympia. A friend is trying to get me to move to Lewis county. I’m curious about the Yacolt area. I don’t suppose anyone knows anything about that?

neek

neek
PostMon May 24, 2021 8:27 am 
Roly Poly wrote:
Houses in North Bend are just as expensive as Seattle.
Look at what they're actually selling for though. Seattle houses are regularly being bid up $300K. I was just looking at something modest in Shoreline that listed for $1M and sold for $1.5M. Doubt the same is happening in North Bend. (looking...) Uh, nevermind.

neek

neek
PostMon May 24, 2021 8:39 am 
Kascadia wrote:
There's still a place for plug-ins IMO. 30-40 miles before the ICE kicks in means most of your trips are electric without the need for an absurdly huge battery. Of course if you go that route someone can still steal your catalytic converter, which seems to be happening to just about every Prius owner in Seattle. Tesla Model Y has 6.6" of clearance and supposedly handles fine on gravel so I don't know why they'd be a surprise at trailheads around here. (I've seen a Fit at the end of the Middle Fork.) They're not more expensive than other mid range SUVs, although since the federal tax credit no longer applies (but may be revived) I can see why some people would want to hold off. Also there will be a more options on the market in a year or two.

Kascadia

Kascadia
PostMon May 24, 2021 10:47 am 
neek wrote:
Kascadia wrote:
There's still a place for plug-ins IMO. 30-40 miles before the ICE kicks in means most of your trips are electric without the need for an absurdly huge battery. Of course if you go that route someone can still steal your catalytic converter, which seems to be happening to just about every Prius owner in Seattle. Tesla Model Y has 6.6" of clearance and supposedly handles fine on gravel so I don't know why they'd be a surprise at trailheads around here. (I've seen a Fit at the end of the Middle Fork.) They're not more expensive than other mid range SUVs, although since the federal tax credit no longer applies (but may be revived) I can see why some people would want to hold off. Also there will be a more options on the market in a year or two.
Prii are terrific cars, there's one in the driveway. However, I do not own the celebrated intrepid The (trailhead) Prius......... no issues with Tesla other than that guy at the top.............not on my dime. Yet. Petty, I know.

It is as though I had read a divine text, written into the world itself, not with letters but rather with essential objects, saying: Man, stretch thy reason hither, so thou mayest comprehend these things. Johannes Kepler
Riverside Laker

Riverside Laker
PostMon May 24, 2021 11:20 am 
Our Prius has been on hundreds of hiking trips. There's a ton of trailheads that work great. We recently got a high-clearance rig that can handle most anything, so now we burn three times the gas and walk a lot less. Why do you need a grill for an E-car? The grill on our truck looks ridiculous, like it's the main, macho, compensation feature. rolleyes.gif

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostMon May 24, 2021 11:32 am 
If a "Smart Car" can make it all the way up to the Queets trailhead, I don't understand why it should be hard to understand why a Prius or Tesla shouldn't be able to make it to a trailhead. I decided I'd had enough of I-90 one day on my way to Kalispell, and took a left turn just past Wallace, Idaho, driving a brand new 1994 Pontiac Grand Am up Hwy 4 and then over FS 7623 and down the other side. I did get some looks from the guys in the big 4x4 trucks up at the top of the pass when I blew by them and waved. Getting to a destination has far more to do with the driver than the vehicle. wink.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon May 24, 2021 12:49 pm 
Roly Poly wrote:
Maybe in White Center and parts of Buien in the SeaTac airport traffic zone. But not Wallingford, Greenlake or Madison Park.

coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostMon May 24, 2021 1:04 pm 
Randito wrote:
Roly Poly wrote:
Maybe in White Center and parts of Buien in the SeaTac airport traffic zone. But not Wallingford, Greenlake or Madison Park.
or even NE Seattle. My house has increased in value a stupid amount - I bought it in 1994. We did a few upgrades. The neighbors 850sqft house goes for way too much - 660K according to Zillow. My wife and I would kill each other living that closely packed in...and they have a kid. We just have a cat.
Ski wrote:
Getting to a destination has far more to do with the driver than the vehicle. wink.gif
so true. I had an '82 Datsun B210 wagon with no ground clearance at all - I could drive it all the way to the end of the MFK road back when it was open all the way to the end. Sure I had to get out once in a while to plot my course and all the passengers had to get out a few times to raise it up a little. I had to hydroplane across one particularly deep puddle - but I made it up and down several times in that car. Ok, it took like 3 hours from North Bend to the end...but back then it was a mine field the whole way. I prided myself in being able to drive just about any type of vehicle anywhere I wanted to go. But the cars I had were cheap cheap cheap. I still have a cheap car for just such adventures.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.