Forum Index > Partners > Bulgers etc.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
August West

August West
PostMon May 10, 2021 8:33 pm 
Anyone else climbing the Bulgers and need a reliable partner? I'm an experienced backpacker and general outdoorsman, relatively new to peak-bagging. Stepped up my game to scrambles two years ago, currently at 25/100 on the Bulger list. A sample of what I've climbed so you can gauge my ability level: Glacier Peak, Adams (north ridge), Stuart, Silver Star, Black, Golden Horn, Tower, Fortress, Chiwawa, McClellan, Dragontail, Colchuck ... I'm taking a glacial travel course on Baker in 3 weeks and am basically looking for partners for routes that require roped glacier travel this summer. Open to summiting any and all Bulgers, however, as well as any epic non-Bulger peaks. I am obsessed with the Picket Range, having climbed West McMillan, Luna, Elephant Butte and Prophet as well. I would love to do a Pickets traverse (or any amazing traverse, Dakobed, Ptarmigan, etc) if anyone is interested. I'm free Fri-Sun, with the ability to take more time off work as needed. I'm in the mountains literally every single free day of my life (just took up backcountry skiing this year), oftentimes solo, as I've recently lost partners to marriage, sloth and injury. I'm chill, fun-loving, view-obsessed, tolerant of heinous 'schwacks, always up for a good challenge, and particularly fond of the summit bivy. If any of this sounds appealing, hit me up! Side note: a hearty thank you to all who've posted valuable trip reports here, I'm eternally grateful for the beta! Figured after two years of lurking, I might as well try to get to know some of the awesome people here who share my passion!

“Time is a stripper, doin’ it just for you” - Robert Hunter “The path to Salvation is as narrow and as difficult to walk as a razor’s edge” - W. Somerset Maugham
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
jshannon13

jshannon13
PostWed Jun 02, 2021 5:04 pm 
All about it feel free to shoot me an email, not exactly doing the Bulgers but I like the idea. I'm ready to get on the glaciers having pretty much maxxed out my ability of what I will do solo. Most of what I end up on are Class 2-3 scrambles very similar to the ones you speak of, as all of those are on my list. I've only completed Columbia, Carrie, Daniel and Hinman in WA, peaks a little easier than your list but still good stuff. My interest at the moment is Colonial to Snowking, Bacon to Hagen, West McMillan or ElDorado. If you have a car I'm even interested in the Entiat area, Ragged Ridge and such but I won't have a car so it's pretty hard for me to get to those trail heads. Open to doing others, but those are what I have current info on with pics of routes and such. I will say, I haven't taken a course, I'm not certified, but I am ready to do it. Some of what you'll learn on your course I've been doing with industrial/arborist equipment, I have the 3:1 pulley fully memorized and find prusiking up rope pretty easy. Went with Petzl Volta 30m 9.2mm rope, 6 carabiners, 1 pulley, 2 pickets, ATC and 12 pt crampons for extra grip. I may or may not go for a rappel, depending on what it looks like. I haven't got to properly rappel yet so not committing to it yet. A 2nd 30m rope would be nice just incase. But yeah man you got the idea.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message