Forum Index > The Trading Post > Gear for 2 newbies needed..
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostFri Jun 04, 2021 6:09 pm 
OK so a nice newbie & her daughter are going to the gnomie school of the great outdoors... I have a ton of gear I'm giving them.. After they do the hikes they get the gear given to them..Im hooking up the stove, pot, miscl.clothing ...boots..fly fishing gear... BUT we're in search of a 2 person or any decent SOLO light wt. Tents..for a reasonable $ Heck even a 3lb 2 person in good shape.. Also perhaps a big agnes airpad? Women's bags... (smaller sizes)...synthetIc ok.. I'm giving her 1 down bag.. & 1 pack... (I'll probably give 1 & loan1) Boots? Size 6.5...about same for her teen daughter..I have one pair for momz... Thanks all!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MtnManic

MtnManic
PostSun Jun 06, 2021 4:08 pm 
Ah, let me check my extra tents no one bought on Gear Trade a few years back. Used for backpacking, the usual "2 person" but great for one and good for two friends. (I'm in Kirkland.) Also may have an extra Thermarest I no longer need since I now use a Exped Downmat.

Backpacking: limited to one pack at a time. Cameras: limited to as many as I can carry.
Waterman

Waterman
PostSun Jun 06, 2021 6:53 pm 
Come over and we will go through my stuff. Sure we can find something.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostSun Jun 06, 2021 9:16 pm 
Cool thanks I'll b in touch..I have a couple of single 3 or 3.5 lb.. tents..they can upgrade later.. But ya I'd be interested in a tent for them! Hoping for a syl nyl.tent eventually... She has some $ to get big agnes 22oz. Airmatresses...I also have extra thermal rests for em.. I have several boots that should fit... So I think mostly tents...women's smallish backpacks for a decent price.. Cheap puffy jacket?..I can find at goodwill also I did see a great synthetic bag at 2.5lb..by big agnes (sportsman's warehouse)..for 110$.. Super nice..

over the hill

over the hill
PostMon Jun 07, 2021 9:14 pm 
Campsite at no name lake. Ready for a stormy night.
Campsite at no name lake. Ready for a stormy night.
I've got a MSR Nook small 2 person tent. Very light. Selling due to knee replacement that crushed my backpacking days. I also have a MSR Hubba solo. Both of these in excellent condition. Plus an Osprey Aura 50 women's small, beige. excellent shape. Black Diamond Ergo trekking poles. 2 sets.

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostTue Jun 08, 2021 10:30 am 
Oh that's great...but there is no pm button on the posts for me?? Halp! tom!!...I'll take the light tent..I'll try my laptop to see if the pm button appears.. Anyway I'm in everett.. Not sure if I accidently put everyone on ignore. Overy the hill...we are transitioning into rafting trips...class 3....like the 45m.canyon on the grand Rhode...probaby next spring...

Frango

Frango
PostFri Jun 11, 2021 9:02 pm 
I was the lucky recipient of a free tent just a few weeks ago. I now have a Nemo Veda 1 in like new condition that I’d be willing to pay forward - if your friends want it, I’d settle for a small donation to search and rescue in return.

Waterman
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostMon Jun 14, 2021 9:00 pm 
Thanks frango! She will use da tent for a quick overnight...North cascades ! Going to get some more info on your old stomping grounds north of stevens... I'll take u up past suaittle river road for 3 full nights!...amazing x.c....

Frango
MtnManic

MtnManic
PostFri Jul 23, 2021 10:42 pm 
Okay, have a BA Copper Spur 1 (not HV model), used in good shape. Also have a super-tight Expedition tent that is heavier, but bomb proof, plus two no longer used Thermarests.

Backpacking: limited to one pack at a time. Cameras: limited to as many as I can carry.
hikerman77

hikerman77
PostFri Sep 24, 2021 12:46 pm 
I have a Camelbak 24 L day pack and brand new, never used Katadyn Hiker Microfilter. I am going larger on my day back to an 30L and I got a sawyer filter from my son for my birthday. https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8034618 https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8034619