Forum Index > Trip Reports > On the Top 10 Worst Hikes List: Sill Hill Waterfall; 06.21.20
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher
PostSun Jun 13, 2021 7:32 pm 
Which is a shame, cuz several yrs ago it wasn't that bad. Nowadays it sucks unless you enjoy relentless routefinding through downed trees interspersed with poison oak & little shade the whole way. This hike took WAY too long for the distance, & we even got an extra early start. So yeah, not recommended. It's not often I say that about a hike!! eek.gif lol.gif moon.gif This waterfall is in the Cuyamaca Mtns., which has had its fair share of drama so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. But still. Yikes. We parked @ the Milk Ranch Rd. TH & started up. The fire rd section is nice enough. The northerly turn on a trail that skirts the base of Middle Pk. is easy enough. Then shortly after leaving the official trail, it turns to crap the rest of the way. & I say this as someone who often does bushwhacking & is normally OK w/it. @ the TH:
1st junction:
Nice shade for a very short section:
Leaving the trail:
This sign lulls you into thinking it won't be too bad:
Oh good, still on the right track:
This part was OK:
Dafuq? What fresh hell is this?
More nastiness:
Hours later, we arrived:
Pretty meadow nearing sunset as we climbed back up:
OK, back on the trail:
Byeee, b!tch!:
I beg to differ w/the 3 hrs of moving time & 10 hrs of stopped time. More like the reverse. rant.gif Went straight home, too late for a marg. shakehead.gif

Home is where the hiking is. "Peaks that have come and gone four times should halt a man in his steps." -- William O. Douglas A balanced diet is a margarita in each hand.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message