Forum Index > Trip Reports > Beauty Pk 6/12/21
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
raising3hikers

raising3hikers
PostSun Jun 13, 2021 2:17 pm 
Beauty Pk 7935' I left my house early Saturday morning to head East, where I thought the weather might be a little better. I reached the Robinson Cr TH and was hiking a little after 815am. The trail is in great shape all the way to the unmarked Beauty Cr trail junction. The waterfalls were roaring as I kept on the trail with only a couple down logs to get over. The skies were grey and a couple drops of rain started but didn't last. At the junction to the Robinson Mtn climbing route, the meadows were green and beautiful. I kept on the Beauty Cr trail and entered the forest where the trail disappeared under snow. Travel was easy while hiking another mile up the valley with several down logs to cross but definitely not too difficult. The forest opens up at 5600' in an avalanche swath, where I decided to cross the creek on a log jam to hike on the East side of the creek in open forest. I headed up the creek a short ways before heading upwards towards a snow filled gully. I had really hoped it would be filled in to the Beauty ridge to make travel quick and easy. The snow gully went for over 1200'+ to just below the ridge. Crampons were useful in the firm snow.
back side of Robinson Mtn
back side of Robinson Mtn
I reached the ridge eyeing the easiest looking way towards the summit. I had few ups and downs to go around some other points along the ridge. the upper mountain was the usual chossy stuff we are all use to in the cascades. I reached the summit but didn't find a register in the cairn. The skies turned blue for a short while as I took a few pics of the surrounding pks.
Beauty Pk
Beauty Pk
Osceola Carru and Monument
Osceola Carru and Monument
J Robinson Mtn ::)
J Robinson Mtn smile.gif
I headed back down towards the snow gully and pretty much followed my same tracks down. The snow softened a little, which was nice. I headed back to the trail and saw a few other hikers on my way back to the TH.
long snow gully
long snow gully
The trip took much less time then I figured it would, so I was able to drive home that afternoon and sleep in my own bed. 13 miles 5600' elevation gain 6 hrs

Eric Eames

pwrobinson, ozzy, Mesahchie Mark, reststep, Gimpilator, freddyfredpants, Dave Weyrick  Alden Ryno, Bluebird
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Fletcher

Fletcher
PostSun Jun 13, 2021 4:49 pm 
Beautiful Eric. Love those backside views of J Robinson Mountain.

pwrobinson  Alden Ryno, Bluebird
Brushbuffalo

Location: there earlier, here now, somewhere later... Bellingham in between
Brushbuffalo
PostMon Jun 14, 2021 8:53 am 
Another quick trip by the long- time master of the quick trip.
raising3hikers wrote:
I reached the summit but didn't find a register in the cairn
I think there used to be one of Fay's there. Why do some people take registers? That shot of ( Jake) Robinson Mtn. shows the common route nicely.

Passing rocks and trees like they were standing still
Stefan

Stefan
PostMon Jun 14, 2021 3:03 pm 
Nice! thank you for sharing!

Art is an adventure.