Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Olympics
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Aug 05, 2021 10:30 pm 
Women's indoor volleyball just advanced to the Gold Medal match, in dominating fashion. edit--one of the team members was born and raised in Portland--Kimberly Hill. I can't say that I remember her from college, she played at Pepperdine. They've been a solid program over the years.

Malachai Constant
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Aug 05, 2021 10:31 pm 
Women's basketball firmly in control at halftime in the semifinal. They were having some issues earlier, but seem to have it figured out the last game and a half.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Aug 05, 2021 10:33 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Wish I could have caught the France-Slovenia men's basketball game. Hopefully I will get to see the gold medal game tomorrow, not sure what time or if it's broadcast live? With so many things going on with the games, it's really hard to pinpoint when an event happens and if it is a live telecast.
I saw the last 5 minutes or so. Slovenia had multiple chances to take it, but just couldn't get it done. Now US gets their chance for revenge against France.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Aug 05, 2021 10:47 pm 
Anybody watch the women's 10 meter platform diving last night? China absolutely dominated, took Gold and Silver, both were way, way ahead of the rest of the field. The gold medal winner shattered the record for best score ever in the event. She had 2 perfect dives. The two are only 14 and 15, so we'll probably be seeing them in the Olympics for a while.

GaliWalker
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Aug 05, 2021 11:09 pm 
I watched it ^^ and those divers are amazing, they are going to be very hard to beat if they indeed compete in future olympiads.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostFri Aug 06, 2021 5:52 am 
olderthanIusedtobe wrote:
Anybody watch the women's 10 meter platform diving last night? China absolutely dominated, took Gold and Silver, both were way, way ahead of the rest of the field. The gold medal winner shattered the record for best score ever in the event. She had 2 perfect dives.
You beat me to it! I love this event - like gymnastics but without the stress of watching someone fall or injure themselves - and yesterday's women's competition was incredible. Two perfect dives (10s across the board), sandwiched around one that was near perfect (9.5s and 10s) by the 14yr old Quan Hongchan from China. eek.gif One more note about the event: It was beautifully shot! The camera angles, the super slow-mos, and the one that tracked the diver all the way into the water... up.gif My favorite angle was the one from behind the flowers lining the pool.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani

olderthanIusedtobe
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Aug 06, 2021 10:06 am 
GaliWalker wrote:
You beat me to it! I love this event - like gymnastics but without the stress of watching someone fall or injure themselves - and yesterday's women's competition was incredible. Two perfect dives (10s across the board), sandwiched around one that was near perfect (9.5s and 10s) by the 14yr old Quan Hongchan from China. eek.gif One more note about the event: It was beautifully shot! The camera angles, the super slow-mos, and the one that tracked the diver all the way into the water... up.gif My favorite angle was the one from behind the flowers lining the pool.
The commentators said they hit the water at about 35 mph, there's still a possibility of injury there! Yeah, I loved the slow mo shots, where you could see water droplets flying out of the ends of their hair. I found that mesmerizing.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Aug 06, 2021 10:08 am 
I saw a 19 year old American woman won the canoe sprint. I just saw this morning she's from Seattle. Nevin Harrison. Graduated from Roosevelt HS.

zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostFri Aug 06, 2021 11:11 am 
GaliWalker wrote:
Okay. Just found this. So this is what all the fuss is about. You just need to click on the YouTube link--and wait a sec to skip any ads. ~z

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Aug 07, 2021 8:54 pm 
U.S. men's basketball bounced back from an early loss and took home the Gold. U.S. women's basketball is moments away from Gold as well.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSat Aug 07, 2021 11:00 pm 
US women volleyball take gold in 3 smile.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn

olderthanIusedtobe
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Aug 07, 2021 11:39 pm 
Looks like we finally caught up and passed China in Gold medals. We've been way ahead in the total medal count for quite a while.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Aug 08, 2021 2:25 pm 
Malachai Constant wrote:
US women volleyball take gold in 3 smile.gif
It's kind of hard to believe this was a first ever Gold for the U.S. women. They not only did it, they did it in dominant fashion. Congrats to all involved!