Forum Index > Trail Talk > End of the big stink? Rain coming?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostThu Aug 05, 2021 6:08 pm 
kw wrote:
from the Crystal Mountain 360 webcam if you look east
Thanks for providing that link. It's been awhile since I have looked at webcams from Crystal. I didn't realize that they had a rotating view like that. Either it's new or I've missed it. Meanwhile, I think I see your aforementioned smoke plume. There are a bunch of high clouds above it reflecting white, then darker more streakier smoke below if I am seeing the right one. ~z

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Aug 06, 2021 2:49 pm 
Getting a nice rain out here in Verlot, being in E Wa and Idaho with the smoke, heat, fires, and drought has given me a new appreciation for my little piece of paradise in the rain forest. Been doing some work outside and was actually happy to be rained on. Started raining a bit harder about an hour ago so I took that as a reason to take a break and have lunch. Rain on my Parade? Go for it!!! breakdance.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Aug 06, 2021 2:51 pm 
We got a steady drizzle last night. Air quality is great today but could have used more precip.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri Aug 06, 2021 3:22 pm 
The wind increased here making a fire to the east blow up enough so the smoke could be seen from town. The fire up by Bonaparte has blown up also. Was riding my bike and saw a helicopter with bucket coming back for refueling and the two little fire boss water scooping planes heading to the big smoke. They are based in Omak. The wind did blow the smoke out of here. That's a good thing. It is a depressing year.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Aug 06, 2021 3:31 pm 
Don't know how much rain we got in North Seattle, but everything was well wetted down this morning.

Fletcher

Fletcher
PostSat Aug 07, 2021 8:05 pm 
We just got a 2 hour soaking downpour up here in Burlington. It was absolutely pouring. I’d estimate that it easily rained over an inch. Let’s hope some of this moves over the crest this evening!

Tom
gb

gb
PostSun Aug 08, 2021 6:54 am 
Fletcher, your positive post made me look at telemetry. Seattle was dry yesterday (rain shadow) but mountain stations west side and crest did pretty good especially North Cascades; I did not look at Baker this morning but yesterday there was 1/2 to 3/4" of rain in that area. But in the past 24 hours both Lyman Lake and Hart's Pass got close to 1/2" of rain! Today (Sunday) northern Eastern Washington will pick up more rain in many areas as this low pressure system transits just north of the Oregon border and spins moisture up against the mountains of Eastern Washington. Wish it would stay longer. The next awful heat wave is short lived but still very hot....after that we may have better luck. Edit: Bonanza! Snoqualmie, Rainier, Crystal, Stevens all got around .4" and Baker got a whopping 1.79" of rain! party.gif

Chief Joseph, rbuzby
timberghost

timberghost
PostSun Aug 08, 2021 10:42 am 
Raining down by Carlton since early this morning

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun Aug 08, 2021 10:57 am 
"Drizzled all day yesterday" out on the coast (per an earlier phone conversation.) WADoT traffic cameras showed slightly wet pavement on 101 earlier along the coast. Enough precipitation fell to cause one coastal river's flow to jump up a tiny bit, but not enough to make much difference. If you just woke up here in Tacoma at 11:00 am you'd never know it rained at all last night.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSun Aug 08, 2021 11:17 am 
Nothing here but radar shows it on either side but not hitting here. It is cloudy and cool and breathing is good.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Olympic Hiker

Olympic Hiker
PostSun Aug 08, 2021 11:50 am 
It lightly drizzled for a short time last night at my house in the South Sound area while I was getting my beauty sleep. Woke up to some slightly damp gravel and there was a little bit of a puddle on a couple plastic chairs in the yard.

If you once forfeit the confidence of your fellow citizens, you can never regain their respect and esteem. - Lincoln
HikerJohn

HikerJohn
PostSun Aug 08, 2021 2:49 pm 
off and on light rain up on the 410 area (and especially while I was up on top of Suntop lookout, trying to finish the new roof... Didn't stop me, but I was praying for no lightning...Sigh...). But under the trees it's still bone dry. Bet we got only 0.1 inch at the most... J

slabbyd

slabbyd
PostSun Aug 08, 2021 3:18 pm 
After a nice spongy morning in B’ham the sun has come back out and I do not like it!