Forum Index > Trail Talk > Palouse to Cascades trail, low trestle burns, near Beverly
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Pyrites

Pyrites
PostWed Aug 18, 2021 4:32 pm 
Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Aug 19, 2021 6:40 am 
Hope it gets replaced. I'd like to ride that trail but the eastern part doesn't get much help. The big trestle across I-90 is open. The Beverly Bridge is supposed to open this fall. A worker was killed in a fall a couple weeks ago from the Beverly Bridge. Not good.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human末animals and aliens are great possibilities
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu Aug 19, 2021 9:49 am 
treeswarper wrote:
A worker was killed in a fall a couple weeks ago from the Beverly Bridge. Not good.
https://www.ifiberone.com/columbia_basin/worker-dies-in-fall-from-beverly-railroad-bridge-tuesday-afternoon/article_832eae52-f565-11eb-8888-b3c83fc51353.html?fbclid=IwAR23eOja3AfP1s_i4-nCS5I-xhwST2YfyKyoczrogLS6pblWKn90SZJZlpo I read on FB else the scheduled completion and opening for late September of the Beverly Bridge project has been suspended due to the accident, investigation and etc.
Palouse to Cascades Trail Coalition FB Group wrote:
Beverly Bridge Grand Opening Event Committee has decided to postpone the Beverly Bridge ceremony that had been scheduled for September 13 in light of the tragic fatal fall suffered by a construction worker on August 3, as well as varying COVID Delta conditions, and fire and smoke warnings over the summer. Discussions are being held regarding scheduling a future date.
I don't know the details of exactly what fall protection measures were supposed to be in place and whether they were being followed -- that's what the investigation would find out. Hopefully the investigation will result in finding away for the project to be completed in a safe manner. Tragic that Zelaya had to pay the ultimate price for this project.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Aug 19, 2021 3:00 pm 
Meanwhile, the little burg of Ralston, has put in a camping spot near a restroom and water spigot. Waiting for Warden or Lind, or??? to do the same.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human末animals and aliens are great possibilities
Pyrites

Pyrites
PostThu Aug 19, 2021 6:20 pm 
Ralston. Had to look that up. And WiFi at the Grange, across from memorial park dedicated to Reinhardt Kepler. Password on their FB page.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Aug 19, 2021 6:47 pm 
I'd like some plug ins where I could charge up my ebike battery.

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostThu Aug 19, 2021 9:38 pm 
Probably a Christmas tree lights plug in at the park.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri Aug 20, 2021 6:11 am 
Or a currant bush.