zimmertr
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Jordan
y

Jordan
y
PostWed Aug 18, 2021 3:30 pm 
Jake wrote:
There was a trail that dropped off the Goat Lake trail to a big log that crossed the creek. I crossed on the log and headed down stream. However, I'd say if you can't find that trail or log, cross (wade) the creek, maybe 500 feet down stream from the falls and walk straight ahead and you should find the old road over there that lead from the camp at the lake down to the headquarters camp. Just follow that road down to the camp buildings. Keep in mind it has been years since I was there. Maybe someone else here has better directions. I do remember that after the two trails from the parking lot combine and enter the wooded area, soon you'll come to a steep part of the trail for a short distance. Once you get to the top of that small hill-side, the camp is across the creek and just a hundred feet or so up stream from there. If it were not for the trees, you'd see the place there from the trail. Good luck.
Went out there yesterday. I figured there would be more rubble from the old buildings. Also thought maybe I had not found the right place but rereading your post I believe I did. Only a few piles of shingles and some old rusty iron left now. Pretty small site, thought it would be a little bigger. Found the old road and followed it and it appears to go up to the lake and then down and disappears. Is there another part of the town or is it just what is right there by the road? Brought my metal detector and found an old metal plate buried with a couple old bottles and one huge horse shoe. Also metal detected by the lake and found a 1952 silver dime and a silver ring. Fished with my tube but no bites with worms. Got rained on all day so headed out after spending the night. Thanks for the help.

none
Jordan
y

Jordan
y
PostWed Aug 18, 2021 3:32 pm 
Schroder wrote:
What was there 30 years ago:
Was out there yesterday. These pictures are more of what I was expecting but barely a shingle left now. Were there two parts to the town? I was surprised not to see even barely a rubble pile.

none
Jordan
y

Jordan
y
PostWed Aug 18, 2021 3:33 pm 
LIL_MAC wrote:
Cyclopath wrote:
I have a friend who would love to go see whatever is left. I'll have to try to have it happen. I didn't know there were any ruins there.
Did you go look? Did you find it? Looks like there is private land close to it or on the site.
Yep

none

Cyclopath
Jake

Jake
PostWed Aug 18, 2021 3:40 pm 
Without knowing how far down the road you went, I can't say what you found Jordan, but I recall a shed along the road, as I followed it downstream. Just past that collapsed shed, the road turned sharply back in an upstream direction and descended toward the creek. If you followed the road down there, that was where the camp was. It's possible you just found the shed. I'm just guessing though. I'm sorry, I'm just going off my memory of probably 20 years ago.

Jordan
y

Jordan
y
PostWed Aug 18, 2021 3:54 pm 
You're probably right. The shingles were about the size of a shed. The only other flat section was right on the river below the road but way overgrown with bushes. Maybe that's where it was? How far apart was the shed to the collapsed building?

none
tmatlack

tmatlack
PostSun Aug 22, 2021 3:04 am 
Several years ago a guy on this forum posted a pack rafting outing to the head of the lake. Try search?