Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > I tunes-micro SD
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Aug 31, 2021 10:59 pm 
I have an old laptop running Window Vista and I have a big collection of CD uploaded to the Itunes program. I have some old ipods and am mp3 player that I was able to download a lot of the music to. But I have an Android phone and I want to load the itunes music files onto a micro SD card that plus into my phone. However when I plug in the micro SD card reader itunes does not recognize it. I tried Google but the results made my head hurt, is there an easy solution?

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostWed Sep 01, 2021 6:44 am 
I would suggest copying all the music you want to the vista, plug in the sd card xfer to it then plug in the sd card to android xfer music . i am not sure itunes will run on android device? maybe a different program to play the tunes like VLC maybe.. and this from the web There isn't an iTunes app for Android, but Apple does offer an Apple Music app on Android devices. You can sync your iTunes music collection to Android using the Apple Music app. You just have to ensure that iTunes on your PC and the Apple Music app are both signed in using the same Apple ID.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostWed Sep 01, 2021 8:08 am 
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Sep 01, 2021 8:23 am 
Thanks guys, I will figure it out eventually. If I were to do it over I personally would have nothing at all to do with Apple, problem solved. A friend gave me an I-phone 6s a couple of years ago and it was a major PITA to get switched over to my name....then the fact you can't use an SD card with one is really annoying.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostWed Sep 01, 2021 12:34 pm 
You need to get the mp3 files into the SD card. You don't need to use iTunes to do that. I assume you already got the SD into the phone and that's working correctly? Can you plug the phone into the Vista computer with a USB cable and see files that live in the phone using the computer? If you can do that then the last step is easy, just use the file browser in Windows to copy the mp3 files into the phone's SD card.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostWed Sep 01, 2021 12:34 pm 
Post screen shots of what's going on and we'll walk you through it. smile.gif

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostWed Sep 01, 2021 1:16 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Thanks guys, I will figure it out eventually.
Chief, I bought a gadget from BestBuy that holds 16gb, I think. Anyway, one end plugs into the phone, then when all is transferred to "gadget", you take it to computer and the other end plugs into USB port. Maybe that'll be useful. It's made by PNY.

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Bosterson

Bosterson
PostWed Sep 01, 2021 2:21 pm 
Cyclopath wrote:
Can you plug the phone into the Vista computer with a USB cable and see files that live in the phone using the computer? If you can do that then the last step is easy, just use the file browser in Windows to copy the mp3 files into the phone's SD card.
This is the easiest way. Plug the USB cable into the phone, then connect that to the computer. On the phone it will prompt you to turn on USB file transfer so click yes. Then open 2 Windows explorer (aka "My Computer") windows. In the first, navigate to wherever your iTunes music is located (you can look this up in iTunes preferences for the location of the "iTunes music folder"); in the second My Computer window, navigate to the SD card of the phone, which should show up as a removable drive. There should be a "music" folder on the SD card, but if not you can create one. Then just choose which albums in iTunes you want and drag each one from the window showing your music to the music folder on the SD card so it will copy them. Right click the SD card in the list of removable drives and choose eject when done. You also may be able to do the part browsing to the SD card via the Android file transfer app, which you have to download, though maybe that's only for Mac? (This is how I do it.) Also, since Google killed off Play Music and YouTube music is terrible, I recommend the free music app Musicolet for playing music on your phone.

Go! Take a gun! And a dog! Without a leash! Chop down a tree! Start a fire! Piss wherever you want! Build a cairn! A HUGE ONE! BE A REBEL! YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE! (-bootpathguy)
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Sep 01, 2021 5:56 pm 
Thanks everyone, I should now be able to figure it on. While we are on the music subject, I am seeking recommendations for a lightweight blue tooth speaker. I have one that has pretty good sound, but weighs about a pound. huh.gif

InFlight
coated in DEET

InFlight
coated in DEET
PostWed Sep 01, 2021 9:22 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Thanks everyone, I should now be able to figure it on. While we are on the music subject, I am seeking recommendations for a lightweight blue tooth speaker. I have one that has pretty good sound, but weighs about a pound. huh.gif
Hard to beat a good set of blue-tooth ear-buds for a light weight solution. The problem with all these tiny Bluetooth speakers is a lack of any real bass reproduction below 200Hz. A large excursion 4 inch speaker could get down to 100 Hz. Anything smaller is a compromise in sound quality for size.

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...” ― Henry David Thoreau
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostThu Sep 02, 2021 7:17 am 
with age comes a loss of hearing to some degree. I found a small round bluetooth speaker in dollar store for $5. for what I needed it works good.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostFri Sep 03, 2021 10:35 am 
Did you get the music into the phone? 🙂

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Sep 12, 2021 5:35 pm 
No, still not working. When I connect the phone to the comp this message pops up, "allow access to device data, an MTP connection will be established to access the data on the connected device". Then the option to deny or allow, I click allow and nothing happens. I am using a Samsung Galaxy amp2 phone. Well, there is a popup after I press allow that says to press and hold screen to load items, but I can't understand it. It just always wants to sync with my windows media files, and Itunes does not recognize the device.

Bosterson

Bosterson
PostSun Sep 12, 2021 6:26 pm 
An Android phone will never show up in iTunes as a device. (Only iPods and iPhones do that.) Once you have the phone allow USB storage access, you will either need to use the Windows file explorer or the Android file transfer app (which you will need to download and install on your computer) in order to transfer music from the computer to the SD card. It's not going to sync.

Go! Take a gun! And a dog! Without a leash! Chop down a tree! Start a fire! Piss wherever you want! Build a cairn! A HUGE ONE! BE A REBEL! YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE! (-bootpathguy)

Chief Joseph
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostMon Sep 13, 2021 7:34 pm 
Use that guy (Windows Explorer). After you tell the phone to allow the connection, the phone still show up under "my devices" or something like that. Then you can copy and paste the files you want. 🙂

Chief Joseph