PostThu Jun 10, 2021 10:32 am 
Send him your words. Thank you!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Jun 10, 2021 6:50 pm 
Paul, looking forward to attending. I'm sure Jake will be there too!

Nancyann, Chief Joseph
pwrobinson

pwrobinson
PostThu Jul 01, 2021 9:28 pm 
Dear Friends It has been 10 months since the devastating news of our dear Jake’s tragic accident. We miss him every day and are trying to learn to live without him while holding him close in our hearts. With that, we would like to invite all those who wish to join us for a special afternoon to remember and honor his life. I realize this message will not get out to everyone. If you know of someone whose life was touched by Jake or his story feel free to share. Please click on the invitation below for details of the event and to RSVP. Hope to see you there. https://www.paperlesspost.com/p/52c2f07a71
With Love, Karin, Paul and Charlie Directions to Evergreen Acres Farm

Bluebird
suffering optional

Bluebird
suffering optional
PostWed Aug 04, 2021 11:18 am 
I am really looking forward to this event, meeting some new faces in person and talking about Jake <3 I hope anyone who felt he touched their life who isn't able to come shares thoughts here, or to the family directly because I find talking about him healing and suspect others may experience the same.

pwrobinson, Tom
Fletcher

Fletcher
PostFri Sep 10, 2021 10:20 am 
Just a quick bump to remind everyone that Jake’s celebration of life is this weekend on Bainbridge Island. All of the information is at the top of the wiki. Hope to see everyone there!

Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors

Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors
PostFri Sep 10, 2021 3:35 pm 
I will be there. Excited to both meet some of you all finally and to also remember Jake's life.

The Pacific coast to the Great Plains = my playground!!! SummitPost Profile See my website at: http://www.lemkeclimbs.com
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Sep 10, 2021 3:42 pm 
I plan to be there as well, biking from the ferry. Looking at the attendee list should be a wonderful turnout and tribute to Jake's memory.

Chief Joseph
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Sep 11, 2021 2:19 pm 
I hate to bother Paul as I suspect he's flat out preparing for tomorrow but does anyone know if the plan is to jump into a formal ceremony at 3:00 or is that just the time when they want folks to start gathering? Planning to take the 2:10 Bainbridge ferry from Seattle which should allow getting to the event around 3:00 but don't don't want to be tardy for anything.

Bluebird
suffering optional

Bluebird
suffering optional
PostSun Sep 12, 2021 9:20 am 
3 to 4 is socializing so the 210 ferry will work!

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Sep 13, 2021 12:08 am 
It was a beautiful location to celebrate Jake's life and honor his memory, many thanks to all who put this wonderful tribute together. I believe there were over 200 in attendance and it was nice to meet many I hadn't had a chance to prior to today, and reconnect with others. A few pictures from this afternoon's remembrance. I tried to capture some of the more joyful moments in the midst of heartbreak. To the Robinson family, friends, and loved ones, our thoughts continue to be with you.

pwrobinson, MangyMarmot, hikerbiker, Josh Journey, raising3hikers, pjhorst, Sculpin, RichP  Bluebird, rubywrangler, neek, geyer
Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors

Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors
PostMon Sep 13, 2021 5:37 am 
It was indeed a beautiful memorial, I am very glad I was able to attend.

The Pacific coast to the Great Plains = my playground!!! SummitPost Profile See my website at: http://www.lemkeclimbs.com

Bluebird
Fletcher

Fletcher
PostMon Sep 13, 2021 5:11 pm 
Thank you everyone for joining last night and making Jake’s memorial so special. I know his family really appreciated that so many nwhikers braved the ferry and made it out! A special thanks to Tom as well, for taking and sharing so many great photos!

Midnight Slogger
'Schwack Job

Midnight Slogger
'Schwack Job
PostMon Sep 13, 2021 7:00 pm 
Thank you for sharing the photos, Tom. Much love to the Robinson family.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Sep 13, 2021 11:09 pm 
Thanks for the kind words, and glad I could capture some memories for friends and family. A few months ago rubywrangler had expressed some interest in a camera I wasn't getting much use out of with a long zoom. At the last minute I decided to bring it, just in case she still wanted to borrow it for her upcoming Alaska trip. Turns out she bought another camera, but in any case, I thought I might as well put the telephoto to good use. While reviewing the images later, and also thinking back to the afternoon, it struck me that nobody was on their phones, a rarity these days. up.gif FWIW, it was fun getting to the event by bike. neek, geyer and I spotted each other on the 2:10 crossing, and neek led the short ride from the Bainbridge terminal. I labeled a few of the photos above with nwhikers in them. I was a little foggy on some names, so anyone feel free to fill in any blanks (click the larger size, then down arrow to add a label).

pwrobinson, Josh Journey
pwrobinson

pwrobinson
PostFri Mar 04, 2022 8:13 am 
Happy Birthday Jake. In remembrance of Jake, as Selena posted, take a walk wearing blue this month and think of him. He is with me everyday and I send my love to Jake all the time. ❤️ ❤️. With tears knowing his joy I always hear, "One of the best views ever"

ozzy, Chief Joseph, Tom  Josh Journey, awilsondc, rubywrangler